Forehand & Wadsworth Terror Pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by billyr, May 9, 2010.

1. billyr

billyr New Member

I have a Forehand & Wadsworth Pistol with TERROR written on the portion over were the cyclinder goes, it is a 32 rim shot. It has Forehand & Wadsworth , Worchester, Mass.US. pat'd.Oct. 22'61 -Apr.20'75. It also has 101 w/a small 3 on the bottom of the handle. I believe it is cherry or walnut handle grips. I would really like to know more about this gun and its value. It has been very well taken care of, it is in excellent condition, barrell and springs are still tight.

Thanks for any info you can provide

billyr
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The gun dates to the 1870's. The .32's were usually marked TERROR, the .38's BULL DOG or BULLDOZER, and the 41's SWAMP ANGEL (after the famous Civil War Parrott Rifle), but that is not always the case. Quality was so-so, better than some of the general type. Grips were rosewood or walnut, so if they look like rosewood, they probably are. Value averages around $75, but in top condition $200 or a bit more would be reasonable. One detracting factor would be a missing extractor rod, a fairly common condition.

Jim
  3. Bob D

Bob D New Member

I have a Forehand & Wadsworth Pistol with TERROR written on the portion over were the cyclinder goes, it is a 32 rim shot. It has Forehand & Wadsworth , Worchester, Mass.US. pat'd.Oct. 22'61 -Apr.20'75. It's serial no. is 17890 on the bottom of the handle. I believe it has rose handle grips. I would really like to know more about this gun and its value.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Bob D?????, Please read the posting from Jim K.
  5. Twaits

Twaits Member

If it is in as good a condition as you say it will probably be worth more than the $75-$200 mentioned above. These old "suicide specials" are gaining collector value. The Hopkins and Allen and Forehand and Wadsworth were some of the better ones. Collectors especially like the ones marked "Terror" or "Tramps Terror"
    You should post pictures if you can.

Oh and it's not a "rim-shot" its a "rim-FIRE"
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010