1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Forehand & Wadworth info?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Twaits, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Twaits

Twaits Member

Does anyone have any information on this F&W I just bought? It is serial number 23424 and is in .38 cal. .38 S&Ws fit.
    I know F&W was bought out by Hopkins & Allen around 1890 so this would be a blackpowder gun. But that's about all I know. The quality seems excellent.
    I paid 95 bucks for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

F&W became Forehand Arms when Henry Wadsworth retired in 1890. Sullivan Wadsworth died 1898 and his heirs sold the company to H&A in 1902.

Nothing in print that I know of regarding your particular model, but Flayderman's Guide lists value range of $75 to $200 for the earlier .32rf model with bird's-head grip.