Foreign Aid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whymememe, Dec 9, 2011.

1. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Republican presidential candidate,Ron Paul on CBS news: "to me foreign aid is taking money away from poor people in this country and giving it to rich people in other countries".

My opinion is the country should take it's own people first. I heard a joke once about life on Mars. The teller said there can't be life on Mars, if there was, they would be getting foreign aid by now.
  2. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I agree. You cannot buy "friendship".
  3. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

take foreign aid away from nations who only say they're our allies to get our money, and give it to nations that actually act like our allies
  4. fordtrucksforever

fordtrucksforever New Member

Why not let the American people decide if all of their hard earned income needs to be sent everywhere else but here. A yearly ballot stating how much to who, and the amount it will increase everyones taxes. I doubt a whole lot would be going places.
  5. warriflefan

warriflefan Member

I read the other day that 1/3 of all the foreign aid we give goes to Egypt and Israel. I think there are only like 4 countries that we don't give tribute to.
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

the hassle with your aid it they tell you folks ( the taxpayers) its a loan

you loaned Australia 120 million in 1944, it took us until 1954 to repay it ( we ran a national lottery .. aussies are suckers for lotteries , we paid for the opera house the same way )

and got a great deal on our iron ore and coal ( Australia is the only source of sulphur free coal , meaning it dont make acid rain and its good to make stainless steel) until 74 , then you paid market price

whats Iraq doin for ya's ?? oh they told you to stick it , and you gotta buy oil at market

1.1 trillion gone

the rest of the middle east ? the same , how much gone? who know's? the gov aint telling ya's

israel repays it loans

the Uk does too ( maybe not in future with this sharia coming in ...) even Russia repaid ya's ( but complained all the way )

screw those who screw you ..
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  7. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

How can we be giving foreign aid to any one.We are broke and borrowing .40 cents on every dollar we spend.How much longer until it all comes down.That's the whole point of the tea party protests.
  8. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

And all the while, my kid can't get domestic aid to go to college.:mad:
  9. Songman

Songman Member

It's all crazy! Everyone of us knows that is a huge part of the problem but apparently no one in Washington can figure that out! The craziest part is that we send foreign aid to CHINA! Even with all the trillions they are holding over our head... It just don't make sense!
  10. Inthewind1976

Inthewind1976 Member

Its all sort of like insurance sales - the agents dont make any $ unless they are making CHANGES - so the more $ that changes hands, the more HANDS that get a cut. There is no logic to the amount of our funds that are shipped over seas in the name of "foreign aid" to countries that hate us. And I agree, wtf are we sending $ abroad for, when we cant "make payroll" here at home?
  11. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

It PI$$ES me off. All the starving, homeless people in our own backyard and the idiots in DC just turn their backs. Be a third world wacko and they'll get the shirts off OUR backs.
  12. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

What a joke! Look at all the money we give to Afghanistan every year and those people hate our guts and want us dead! WTF?!?!

The Washington people have long forgotten that the money they spend is not theirs..it's ours! We should take care of our own first, then help those who stand by us next and screw the rest of em!