Forgetting Other Issues....

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by RunningOnMT, Nov 30, 2011.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Which republican presidential candidate do you trust most to protect your second amendment right to keep and bear arms?
  2. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

I don't trust any of them.................
  3. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily trust any politician, but I trust all the Republican candidates more than Obummer.

As far as the current lineup I like Newt. He may have been a government insider, but as speaker of the House, he was more responsible for balancing the budget during the Clinton years than anyone else. Back then he was a true conservative and I think he still is. He is also very smart and cunning in the way of Washington politics. If him and Obama had a debate, he would eat Obama alive.
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I'm with you Jason.

The system is broken. We should have bills debated on their merit rather than what can be attatched to them.:mad:

If the PotUS can only serve two terms, why not the rest of them?
    The President doesn't create legislation. He/she merely signs off on it. It's the critters we need to get after. 4 years in the House and yer out. One term in the Senate.

No more career politicians.:mad:
  5. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

None of my NRA publications has taken a stance behind anyone..so far.
  6. savage170

savage170 Member

here is some past history Newt
    In 1996, the Republican-led Congress passed the “gun free school zones act,” creating criminal safe zones like Virginia Tech, where the only person armed was a murderous criminal. Speaker Newt Gingrich voted for the bill containing this ban.1

The same bill also contained the now infamous Lautenberg gun ban, which lowered the threshold for losing one’s Second Amendment rights to a mere misdemeanor.2 Gun owners could, as a result of this ban, lose their gun rights forever for non-violent shouting matches that occurred in the home -- and, in many cases, lose their rights without a jury trial.

While a legislator might sometimes vote for a spending bill which contains objectionable amendments, that was clearly NOT the case with Newt Gingrich in 1996. Speaking on Meet the Press in September of that year, Speaker Gingrich said the Lautenberg gun ban was “a very reasonable position.”3 He even refused to cosponsor a repeal of the gun ban during the next Congress -- despite repeated requests to do so.4

Also in 1996, Speaker Gingrich cast his vote for an anti-gun terror bill which contained several harmful provisions. For example, one of the versions he supported (in March of that year) contained a DeLauro amendment that would have severely punished gun owners for possessing a laser sighting device while committing an infraction as minor as speeding on a federal reservation.5 (Not only would this provision have stigmatized laser sights, it would have served as a first step to banning these items.) Another extremely harmful provision was the Schumer amendment to “centralize Federal, State and Local police.”6

Romney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzYTdM9b5F4&feature=related
  7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

And that suprises you?:rolleyes:

Give it time. When/if they make a choice, look at the others in the field.
  8. Dexter

Dexter New Member

Is none a good answer...I do not trust any politician...they are only accountable to those that give them the most money........very similar to the oldest profession in the word..........
  9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

While not initiating legislation, the president does have veto power should a bunch of lefty congressmen manage to get some gun grabbing bill passed. There is also the power to appoint justices to the supreme court. There are other ways a president can affect gun rights. Just look at Gun Walker. No one will ever convince me that wasn't a plot hatched right in the oval office between Obama and Holder.

On this one issue alone I would trust Bachman and Santorum more than the others. Of course when electing a president you're buying the whole package, but this is just one thing to consider.
  10. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

It bothers me that the Republican party is not offering firearms rights in their platform so far. I get letters asking for donations from them stating their positions. Not one mention of protecting gun rights.:confused:Then add to this Newt Gingerich and Mit Romney front runners who both have an anti-gun history. Have we become orphans??:(
  11. Python

Python Former Guest

:yeahthat:
  12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

heck even i get em

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:27:09 -0800
    To: infidel.forever@hotmail.com
    Subject: FWD: Obama just banned 1 Million Rifles

Jack ,

Did you get the email that Senator Rand Paul sent you on Monday?

He wanted me to make sure you knew what was going on with this serious issue.

I have included the email he sent below for your convenience in case you missed it.

Be sure to read it and click here to fight Obama's gun ban!

-- Christine
    Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 3:52 PM
    To: Christine H
    Subject: Obama just banned 1 Million Rifles

which is mainly about old news and fund raising

i responded that seeing i did not get even a acknowledgement when this old issue could have been stopped , but now your using a dead issue to fund raise dont contact me no more ,

what chance of that but eh??

buckleys i reckon

see what happens when you donate to gun rights ?? folks will email you about gun rights ( mainly to ask for more money ) but publically ?

meh ..
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  13. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

+1

We have a PARROT I would trust more than the big O.
  14. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I second that.
  15. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

+1