Form 1 turnaround time?

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by cakes, Jan 8, 2010.

1. cakes

cakes New Member

I plan on submitting a Form 1 for an SBR. I'll probably get to it in a week or two. Just wondering if anyone has submitted one lately, and has an estimated time frame for approval. I'm not in a rush. It would just be nice to have a ballpark of how long they are taking these days. I expect it to take at least several months. Hopefully less than six months. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

No idea, really. My first NFA was during Clinton's time. Took eleven months. My silenced pistol was during Clinton. Took thirteen months. My MP5 was during Bush, however. Took eleven weeks. And I heard that when they moved from Chicago to DC, couple of years ago, times got even shorter.

But, based on my experience (anti-gun president - long time, pro-gun President - short time) it'll take a while.
  3. cakes

cakes New Member

Thanks, Alpo. I don't know what to expect in this topsy turvy world we live in.
  4. MutedUziel

MutedUziel New Member

I contacted a local Class three dealer last week. I asked what the average wait time was. He informed me that it was about 4 months...
  5. cakes

cakes New Member

Thanks. I just imagine my form sitting on someones desk under hundreds of other forms collecting dust.
  6. Ranb

Ranb Former Guest

The one I submitted last year for a silencer made on a trust took about four months.

Ranb
  7. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

The mfg told me to expect to wait 5 to 6 months for my suppressor and the papers due in large part to, and I quote..."Obummer".
  8. Ranb

Ranb Former Guest

Until Obama's boys pass more gun control laws, he will be the best thing to happen to the gun business in the last 20 years. That rat Bush did nothing for us, especially when he claimed that he would sign any extension to the AWB that arrived on his desk in 2004.

Ranb
  9. WoofersInc

WoofersInc New Member

Also going to depend on who you get as an examiner. Ashton is taking 7-8 months to get forms back to people, while others are doing forms in 50-60 days.

Ranb we meet again..:D
  10. Ranb

Ranb Former Guest

We almost didn't. I was banned then unbanned a few days ago after questioning the integrity (in unsavory terms) of those who try to discourage gun ownership by claiming silencers are illegal for civilians to own. I have to keep myself on a short leash here. :)

Ranb