The Firearms Forum banner

Form 1 turnaround time?

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Ranb 
#1 ·
I plan on submitting a Form 1 for an SBR. I'll probably get to it in a week or two. Just wondering if anyone has submitted one lately, and has an estimated time frame for approval. I'm not in a rush. It would just be nice to have a ballpark of how long they are taking these days. I expect it to take at least several months. Hopefully less than six months. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ·
No idea, really. My first NFA was during Clinton's time. Took eleven months. My silenced pistol was during Clinton. Took thirteen months. My MP5 was during Bush, however. Took eleven weeks. And I heard that when they moved from Chicago to DC, couple of years ago, times got even shorter.

But, based on my experience (anti-gun president - long time, pro-gun President - short time) it'll take a while.

#8 ·
Until Obama's boys pass more gun control laws, he will be the best thing to happen to the gun business in the last 20 years. That rat Bush did nothing for us, especially when he claimed that he would sign any extension to the AWB that arrived on his desk in 2004.

Ranb

#10 ·
Ranb we meet again..:D
We almost didn't. I was banned then unbanned a few days ago after questioning the integrity (in unsavory terms) of those who try to discourage gun ownership by claiming silencers are illegal for civilians to own. I have to keep myself on a short leash here. :)

Ranb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.