Forum Changes - Phase Two

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SouthernMoss, Feb 14, 2010.

1. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

You will notice that the Off Topic Forum (formerly General Discussion) is now near the bottom of the forum list. Before everyone starts panicking and reading all kinds of things into it, let me explain why.

There are some forums that permit off-topic discussions, and some that don’t. Of those that do, many have the off-topic forum near the bottom of the forum list. We have determined that this is probably a good thing to do.

We are, after all, a forum dedicated to firearms. To say that we are TheFirearmsForum, and then have at the top of the list a forum that, for the most part, has absolutely nothing to do with firearms, can be confusing to a new visitor. We want the gun forums listed first so that people who come to us looking for information can find it.

Those of us who frequent the Off Topic forum will soon get used to finding it wherever it may be in the list.

We are also moving the Fire For Effect Forum for the same reason.

Now, where is Shooter45 with his android voice to say "Phase Two Complete." :D:D:D
  2. red14

red14 Active Member

Are there many more changes? My fingernails are starting to become brittle. Heh heh heh.
  3. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Yes... the background will be pink from now on, and the only avatars allowed will be pictures of kittens and puppies.
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I can scroll.:D
    One of the few things I can....:rolleyes:
  5. Popeye

Popeye New Member

No problems here
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Bobitis

i'm the same

i'm happy to have a place to discuss things connected to our hobby and those issues not so related.

future weapons , freedom, simple living stuff, even vehicle repairs and household questions

this has got to be one of the more open and tolerant forums i've ever been on and am greatfull to the op's and admins /owners etc
    and cheers to Bobitis for the invite eh :)

if i may add its also one of the more "aware" groups of people i've run across, and has greatly improved my feelings of hope for a decent future despite the BS out there happening now

thank you all very much eh

cheers

jack
  7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Please Jack, call me Bob.
  8. artabr

artabr New Member

Does this mean a lot of us will become bottom dwellers now? :rolleyes: :p :D

Art
  9. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Whats the big deal about having to scroll down to the bottom page to view and post on Off Topic? I do alot of scrolling up and down on this site.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

OK!!! Bob it is ...

well i've had friends in low places most of my life so it is probably a step up for me
  11. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Android voice?? I thought he sounded more like a haggard and drunk sailor.... :D

PHASE 3 PRUNING PROBLEM MEMBERS..... :D:D:D:D

Well, chow y'all... that sounds like my ride.... :D

mike
    gn
  12. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

The changes were needed and I am happy to see them. I support the Administrator and Moderators 100% for the effort to return this place to its former glory.
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

It seems weve been put out to pasture:)
  14. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    I never sit in one forum, I always hit new posts. :)

I try to be careful when I do post,
    using mainly the pump hse or politically incorrect forum...:D

any problems with my method.... :confused:
  15. red14

red14 Active Member

Yeah, me too. Cruise new posts, then back to my favs. Then, look for people of a like mind.
  16. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I just noticed all the forums that are designed to help people are concentrated toward the top. That will make it easier for me to cruise the helper forums before getting caught up in the BS...;)
  17. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

Yeah i do the same lol
  18. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Personally, I'm thankful we have a home away from home and where or what this individual forum is located or called is irrelevant. The point is, it was renamed and relocated at the owners discretion.

I'm sorry to hear some folks left, but nothing ever remains the same. Stuff happens and we adjust.

I see this move of GD & Politically Incorrect and renaming the same way a grocery store puts milk and eggs in the back of the store, in order to make you walk past all the other stuff to get to the good stuff!! :D :D
  19. red14

red14 Active Member

That's a good way to look at it. I'll be here unless they run me off.
  20. bambihunter

bambihunter New Member

It is your site, so obviously do with it what you'd like. If we don't like it we don't have to come back.
    However, logically, the most used areas should be the most in the most handy places. It is like my wife putting our trashcan for the kitchen in the garage. After a week of setting off our alarm, or me just leaving the trash on the counter the bin came back into the kitchen where it belonged. My point that the most used items of anything (car, house, website, etc) should be the handiest.