1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Forum read #2

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by armedandsafe, Apr 13, 2003.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

It's rather disconcerting to be working my way through the forum and suddenly find that the entire thing, from General Discussion to the Test Forum has been set to "read." It makes it very hard to find new entries.
  2. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

hang in there armedandsafe, the Administration is working continuously on the site, forums and features.
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I know, Ziggy,,,,I just feel Tac will be able to fix problems he know about easier than ones he has to find for himself. I've been in his shoes several times, so I know what he is going through. I don't envy him one bit, right now.
    :)
  4. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Great... so that you know I did talk with Tac last evening and brought it to his attention.

Matter of fact, you are right, he appreciates the heads-up from all of us ;)
  5. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

wish I noo wot U dudes R talkin about..........not;)
  6. Admin

Admin Active Member Staff Member

Seems I either need to go higher or lower on the cookie time out,
    not too sure, so I went lower, let me know if it got better or worse, then I'll know which direction to go to the extreme with!

Sorry for the inconvenience folks!:)
  7. warpig

warpig Guest

I bit to far in my case. I came out of GD to see which was the next forum with new posts and it had already switched.
  8. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I think you need to go the other way, Tac. I followed your link to send the message to G Bush re the assault weapons legislation, and by the time I came back to the original window, everything was marked read.
  9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

10. Admin

Ok, then I'll go to 3600 instead of 300!
  11. Admin

I went 7200!

Let me know!
  12. 280freak

280freak New Member

Jeez, Tac, you just can't seem to catch a break, here!

I think ya went just a touch too far; coming back to TFF after havin' the 'puter off fer a while, it showed some that I had looked at as "unread".

Fine tunin' can be a bitch, huh? :p
  13. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I've never found that to be a problem, because I always mark the forum read when I've finished reading the last new message. A habit I developed when doing so would take you back to the front page.

I've been on 3 times today, now and it is MUCH better. Thank you.

:D
  14. Admin

Maybe 6000? 5000?

I'll play around with it here'n there!:D
  15. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Yesterday I could only read 2 messages before it marked the whole forum read.

Today it seems much much better. As far as I'm concerned, it's good where it's at now. :D

Your efforts are always appreciated, Tac.