Found a passenger side headlight assmbly on ebay.....need help though...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Jun 20, 2004.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I found a passenger side composite headlight assembly....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7905925813&category=33710&sspagename=WDVW

Problem is I don't have a credit card or debit card. I might be able to get one monday......

I need to know from someone who's used ebay...how do I keep from getting screwed....

And could someone who has an ebay account take a look at this and send a message to the seller asking if there is any damage of any kind on the reflectors or on the back side of the unit.....
    An unregistered user cant send a message.....gotta have a cc or unique email, whatever that means?

mike
    gn
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Looks like the seller will also accept money orders.

The seller has a high feedback rating, with 99.9% positive, so odds are he won't try to screw you over.

The thing about the email is just that you have to have an email address that you can access right away, because they send you a confirmation when you register, and you have to reply to the confirmation to finish the registration process. They probably also don't want you to sign up with the same email address that another ebay member is already using.
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

A unique email is usually one that comes through your ISP provider. An email account that is through Yahoo or Excite or something like that are the ones that are not accepted. Some people put a block on ANY email coming from Yahoo, they will not accept it. I use Yahoo, so he probably would not accept my email.
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Looking at his feedback from customers for the last little while, I'd say he is pretty reliable. He has 1527 positive reviews and 1 negative review. If I'd had that kind of reputation when I was in business, I'd have been GOHD. :D

All you need is any old email address that they can confirm is you. Ebay doesn't require a credit or debit card to register.

Now, get registered with ebay. Find out what the shipping charges will be (UPS and USPO will help you there, if you know the shipping weight.) Decide what your are willing to pay for the thing and subtract the shipping cost. Bid that amount and DON"T LOOK at the page again until after the auction closes.

Ebay will take your maximum bid you entered and bid just the minumum needed to keep you on top until you run out. The bid is sitting at 24.99 now. If you enter a bid of 50, ebay will bid 25.49 for you. Somebody bids 25.99, ebay will bid 26.49 for you. This continues until the auction is over or your bid is used up. Good Luck!

Pops
  5. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Please don't use Ebay or their subsidiary Paypal. I used to deal on Ebay all the time in collecting rare coins and antique fountain pens. I had close to a thousand feedbacks, all positive. I found out last year that they would not accept lawful FFL to FFL firearms transactions and as a result, I dumpted them into the category of Pizza Hut and Target , as well as other enemies and proponents of UN sponsored global bolshevism. I will not knowingly support the enemy. In fact, to put my money where my mouth is. Please tell me exactly what you are looking forward and I will ask and call every NAPA and auto parts place in Tampa Bay to find what you are looking for. Trust me, you will feel better in not supporting the enemy.
  6. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Remmy, those headlight assemblys for 1988 Rear Wheel Drive Cutlass's are as rare as Delorian Parts !!!!

$24.99......obviously this dummy does'nt know what he's got !!!!!
    Salvage yards charge $125 and up...FOR BROKEN ONES !!!!!!!

If you wanna help....ok

1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Classic....REAR WHEEL DRIVE, not fwd

No after market assemblys exist, just salvage. These headlight assmblys were only put on 1/2 of 1987 cutlass's and the final 2000 cutlass classics in 88......they are RARE !!!!

I can deal with damage in the back of assembly, or in the reflectors, but the plexiglass or glass front has to be crack free...pitting I can handle, but no holes or cracks....

You can try calling, but i doubt you'd have very much luck.

mike
    Gn
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

PS....

If I can find them, I'll buy one passenger side, and 2 drivers side....the current drivers side has a bb hole in it. I want to have back ups.

Price is not a problem. I'll pay up to $250 an assembly if necessary, heck I'd pay more if I ever found unused ones sitting in some olds dealership.....

mike
    gn
  8. Remington597

Calais, Ciera, or Supreme. Its the passenger side , right?
  9. Remington597

10. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Sorry....

1988 Oldmobile Cutlass Supreme Classic...Rear Wheel Drive.

In 88 they switched over to FWD after making the last 2000 "classic" cutlass's......

mike
    gn
  11. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Replaceable bulb type. I think they call it "composit" type.

mike
    gn
  12. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Mike, can you find a part number on your headlight? I've found a place online that has parts for the 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Classic. Attached is a screen shot. The web site is:

http://www.rockauto.com/

Attached Files:

13. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

ifn you don,t find it let me know ,a local junk yard in stl. has a deal every holiday ,30.00 bucks all you gan carry out the gate ,the fourth is just around the corner ,maybe you can shoot me a pic and deatils ,ifn i get one just pay for the shipping ,i'm taking me some rope ,gonna walk out with two front seats and a cowl,a front light ass. for my van ,i can tie on one for you no problem
  14. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Somo

The page would'nt come up for me for some reason........

It looks like its 2 different brands by the pic you posted because both replace xxx75 and xxx76 Rh, and Lh......

I'm not sure what to do....

If you can get it to come up on your computer can you get a phone number for them so I can call? Thanks.

mike
    gn
  15. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Thanks.
    those plexi glass fronts on those things are way way tender to breakage.

I think when I do get a good set I'll put some of that rock away film on it to deflect rock chips that come off the road........

mike
    gn
  16. Remington597

Hey !, I just had a brilliant thought. With all the trouble you are going through, might as well entertain the thought of getting a new car. Its a fairly good market right now for car buyers. I see you in a late 90's/early 2000's model Firebird or TransAm. about $12,000 , or so. figure on a payment of around $300 month, for five years or so.
    With all the extra hours that you are putting in at the quarry, should be affordable, but I am just speculating.
  17. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Somo

This is what I found on the Headlight assemblys.....

They're Bosch brand made in Germany

DOT 86
    Guide 3G

1305 544 039 "drivers side"
    1305 544 040 "passenger side"

I assume every company that makes or made those had their own part number for it....
    I dunno.

I've tried several times and i keep getting that "the page cannot be displayed" screen........

Looks like my plans for world domination are foiled again..... :rolleyes:

mike
    gn
  18. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I am on the verge of a knee blow out.......

Payments are not a good thing for a one legged man headed to Mexico to get cheap surgery done........

mike
    gn
  19. Remington597

Whatever you do, if you are serious about going to Mexico. Do not take your Glock, unless you wish to give it as a free gift to the Federalies.
    Also, I would never travel to Mexico due to their draconian firearms laws.
    If I can't carry, I don't go there. The only exceptions are places that give me no other choice, like certain government facilities.
  20. glocknut

glocknut New Member

These blood sucking leaches up here want 12 grand a knee. I can get it done for $1500 each down there. One day I will go....

Draconian gun laws or not.

mike
    gn