1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

found a springfield model 83

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by jce07a, Feb 17, 2012.

1. jce07a

jce07a New Member

i stumbled upon an old Springfield model 83 today. just from the look of it, im pretty sure its not safe to fire, anybody know any place that sells replacement parts and stuff like that so i can check it out...also any advice or cool stories about your model 83 would be fun to hear.

just found this ol girl and cant wait to get her in full working condition again
  2. jce07a

jce07a New Member

here are a couple pics of it...i cant find any serial number or manufacture date so i have no clue how old or new it may be...but it appears to be up there in years

Attached Files:

3. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I'g get her all broke down and give it a GOOD cleaning and then see what all is working and not working. Make sure the barrel is good to go and whatever you might need,
    springs, etc., you might check out Numrich Gun Parts.