found-lge rifle primers

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by accident, Sep 11, 2009.

1. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2009
    middle GA
    gun shop "Sporting Arms" in winterville GA i bought lge primers $32.00/1K they had decent supply primers,ammo,powder.

2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Athens, Georgia
    accident, you are talking about my favorite gun shop or as I call it my candy store.:D I was glad to see that they finally got in some Winchester powder, picked up a couple of pounds on Wednesday. Jerry and Lisa are some fine folks and I am proud to call them my friends.:)

EDIT: Oh, by the way, welcome to the forum. Glad to see someone from my area joining in!!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009

3. accident

Sep 11, 2009
    middle GA
    gdmoody,thanks for the greeting.I'm new to reloading. it is good to have some very knowledgeable people to depend on. by the way,i learned not to try to remove a reverse installed primer with a pick.after just one my wife complained about the noise.

4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2007
    NW Florida
    With a pick? Icepick? :eek:

Just run it up into the depriming die again. Comes right out.

5. accident

Sep 11, 2009
    middle GA
    alpo thanks for the responce,i thought about that but being a rookie i thought it would go off.i already had one ignite while doing something stupid.but thats another story