found out what wall marts good for

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by fedupdon, Jan 5, 2010.

1. fedupdon

fedupdon New Member

WAL-MART

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private Employer, and most speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.

8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket Chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 Years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur At a Wal-Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy because the idiots in Washington sure can't do it!
  2. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Well, when you consider that most of the junk in Wal-mart is made overseas and the state of our national debt; maybe the wal-mart guys ARE working on the economy.
  3. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

and I understand they have a good health plan too....

I read somewhere that Walmart is on the government's chit list....because they're successful!
  4. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

It figures the gov't would look into wallyworld. Check out the high cost of low price. The walmart movie.. very interesting.
  5. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I refuse to shop at MaoMart.

Guess I'm not much help here.
  6. topper

topper New Member

I do all I can to avoid entering into their store. It's loud, hot, dirty. I do sometimes go in, but I really try to obtain my products somewhere else if at all possible, before I go to Wal-Mart. I truly think Wal-Mart is a cancer upon america and it's spreading. They destroy local businesses in small towns.
  7. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

"and I understand they have a good health plan too...." Yeah, IF one can finangle enough hours to be classified as 'full-time', LOL!

Wally-world does have one great advantage, though. It's the only place I can fill out my 'weird-o' people 'BINGO' 'card' with every visit!
  8. 45nut

45nut Active Member

I understand about y'all that don't shop there and I know why, but for me, it's about my bottom line right now and I do grocery shop some at my other local store Brookshires Brothers. Usually for a quick stop because the difference in what I spend is very evident.

I try to buy American as much as I can, but that has its limits. That limit is my wallet right now. Losing $12,480 annually between my last job and my current one pretty much makes my decision for me.

B_ _ _h all you want, I'm just trying to keep my head above water.

Fedzilla would like to break Wal-Mart because they are a successful capitalist organization.

And this always makes me wonder about the Wal-Mart bashers. If you are a free market capitalist, why in the hell do you bash a company for being the best free market capitalist company in the world? Sounds kinda like old timey sour grape b*&%$ing to me. Maybe you ought to do something instead of bitching about what the other guy is doing.

Now I know how wally-world operates because one of my former employers was contacted by WM because they wanted to sell our product. They told us what they would pay and how many slots we had to purchase to put our product in their store. My boss listened quietly then got up and left.

It's easy, if you want to sell or buy with WM it's your choice, but why b*&%h about someone that is successful?
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  9. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

"It's easy, if you want to sell or buy with WM it's your choice, but why b*&%h about someone that is successful?"

45, where you shop is your business. I guess most of us gripe about Wally-world for the same reason we tend to gripe about everything else on this forum, LOL!

Since you asked, though, I don't care for how they treat their vendors and their employees (woops, "associates"!) I don't care to see Mom and Pop stores go outta business because the blue box moves in down the road. And I don't care to hear folks B*&%h about how there is no 'real' service in Wally-world, when those Mom and Pops offered good service and more to their clientelle.

As for doing something 'about' it:
    I pay my employees a decent wage, offer health and dental, 11 paid holidays, and paid vacations.

And, I stop at Wally-world only when I have to. I know Mr. Walton's descendants will never miss my few $$, but they'll never have many of 'em either.

My 2ยข; you asked.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010