Found relic,,what izit?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

skratch
    (8/13/02 9:39:17 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Found relic,,what izit?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This was found in the debris of an old house fire. It's a .22 pump action. The action is very simuliar to a 1873 Winchester lever rifle. It had a sliding dust cover, a solid top receiver with a round bolt, rectangular lifter that operated verticaly. There's a brass insert where the magizine tube entered the front of the receiver.The lower front extension on the receiver is intragal with the trigger and lower tang assembly, the small flat bar extending from it worked the action from underneath the mag tube and internal parts. It had an octagonal barrel. The only marking visible is the serial # 70076.
    It's a mystery to me, cant find it in any of my books.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/13/02 9:51:00 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Found relic,,what izit?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I love a mystery! LTS, got a clue?

I don't think it is Spanish potmetal.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/13/02 12:39:53 pm)
    I would guess "Rossi" Model 62 Gallery. Patterned after the Winchester 62, and that would be my only guess. From around 1970 and because in is numbered. LTS

# 2 Marlin model 20

Edited by: LIKTOSHOOT at: 8/13/02 1:46:21 pm

skratch
    (8/13/02 3:53:49 pm)
    I finally found it in Fladermans Guide. It's a Colt Lightning Slide Action, small frame, .22 short & long caliber. Produced 1887-1904, total quanity 89,912. An interesting old relic.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/13/02 4:30:20 pm)
    See, I told you it was a Colt....

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/14/02 8:45:22 am)
    LMAO
    In this age where truth is fleeting and mass manipulation is common, the ability to detect when something doesn't make sense is a valuable one.

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 8/14/02 9:46:06 am

skratch
    (8/14/02 6:06:04 pm)