1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Found Someone

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by travihanson, Jun 10, 2007.

1. travihanson

travihanson New Member

Found someone that wants to trade my Beretta 96 w/ 4 mags, holster for their 1991Z Colt Limited Edition Tiger. Pretty excited although I shouldn't shoot it. Probably be a turnover gun because of the fact that that is one out of 200. Wish me luck guys :)
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  2. patrol

patrol New Member

That guys is silly, what a good deal you are getting. I saw one of those on Auction arms the other day for about 1k! Your lucky.:cool:
  3. travihanson

travihanson New Member

Oh boy do I have a story. So, I got home from Drill sunday (I'm in the national guard), and i get a phone call. It was the guy with the 1911 that i was just talking about. He told me to come and get it (keep in mind i haven't even got out of my ACU's). (I traded my Star BM 9mm and my Beretta 96....anyway). After i got to sanford, about 200 miles from my door step I met him at the local dunkin donuts. I put my car in reverse and it started clicking. I reved it slightly and it slammed into reverse. Obviously not good. I followed him to his house and did the deed. I got back in my car and started the trek home. I got by the local Applebees and the car slipped in neutral then slammed hard into drive. I coasted in the parking lot. I got out and went inside and asked for the manager. She came out and I told her that i have too keep my car there for a week cause i live 200 miles up north. She let me use the phone and i called my wife. I tell her to go get my father to come down and pick me up and ill call her in a half hour. I call back with no answer and then call my dad. He says that she is on her way down. I told him that if she calls him (she doesnt have a cell.......soon to change...) to tell her where im at. The manager told me to stay since i had a few hours to wait and have a beer and a burger. I had no money in my pocket, told her that and she said it was on the house. So i get done with the burger and started the walk to the exit, about 5 miles away. First thumb and i was picked up. To make a long story /slightly/ shorter i waited from 8pm to 2am at the exit for my wife and she didnt show. Got the cops called on me cause apparently they think that a guy in army fatigues is a little suspicious. The cops were great though. Anyway, 2am came around and i have called the highway dept, local police, and everyone i can think of accept my wife...lol....So the same cop that talked to me earlier came at my request in like 3 minutes and took me back to my car. I stayed there and fell asleep around 330am. 500am came around and i saw 2 nice ladies at the dollar store beside the applebees. So I locked my car with everything in it, (Colt, Ruger MK2, military EQ, basically about 2500bucks worth of kaka.). They let me use the phone and i called my father and asked what was going on. He said my wife was all worried cause i didnt call and she was home waiting for the call. So i called her and got that all straightened out and told her to just go to work and i'll make it home. So i hung up with her and thanked the ladies and walked back to my car. Went to reach in my pocket and damn but what be i locked my f-in keys in the car with all that stuff! So i ran back and used the phone again to call the local police whom i have been on the phone with all night. They said to call my wife, (Headslap) i said i did but i needed a favor. They said they couldnt crack the door for me and for me to call a locksmith. Well me being broke was not able to do it. So i found the nearest 1 pounder and smashed the window, left a note and took off hoofin it. First thumb...exit...anyway it took me 3 hours and 45 minutes to drive down and 5 hours to come back without a car. Basically a huge misunderstanding and stupidity for a foolish gun...although everyone treated me very well....i know it was the uniform, they told me so :)
    I was trying to make the decision wether to shoot this foolish 1 out of 200 gun.....I'm going to shoot the piss out of it, carry it, make lov......uhh....yeah, you get the point :)
    I'll write back with the range report when i get some ammo for it.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

We need pictures
  5. travihanson

travihanson New Member

6. patrol

patrol New Member

you might want to sell the gun and get a cell phone.
  7. travihanson

travihanson New Member

lol, no kidding eh?
    this problem will not happen again...i can promise that....next time she'll go with me :)
  8. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Please tell me your Guard unit is not a communications company......:p ......:D
  9. travihanson

travihanson New Member

10. PaulHD883

PaulHD883 New Member

ha, funny story. Noone stole anything out of your car after you smashed the window and was gone for 5 hours? That's pretty good!
  11. travihanson

travihanson New Member

I was gone from monday morning until saturday. Nope, they even put a plastic bag over the window for me. I had it taken to the crusher after I went down to clean it out...
  12. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

We need pictures :D

Attached Files:

13. travihanson

travihanson New Member

14. PaulHD883

PaulHD883 New Member

that was nice of them......took it to the crusher? lol, what was this beater you were driving?
  15. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Very nice piece, great story and congrats on what seems a great deal Mr. Hanson.

Southern, that is the greatest use of Smileys I have ever seen.........