Found this interesting....

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 45silverback, Nov 1, 2012.

1. 45silverback

45silverback New Member

Thought I would share with y'all.

A friend of mine e-mailed this to me. Whoever the person is who wrote this has it pretty much nailed I think.

Some people have the vocabulary to sum up things in a way that you can quickly understand them. This quote came from the Czech Republic . Someone over there has it figured out. It was translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper, "Prager Zeitungon".

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their President."
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yea, this is exactly why I have been so pissed at the people that were so stupid and so blind that they allowed this idiot this opportunity to dismantle our country. How can people be so stupid. People that put him in should have to pay a price of some sort.
  3. 45silverback

45silverback New Member

I think they will ultimately pay a price. The problem is, those of us who opposed and still oppose him will have to pay the same, if not a higher price.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oh I know we have to pay a price but they should be held accountable somehow for this disaster. This was totally preventable and so simple to see thru yet the blind idiots were led like sheep to slaughter. We may never fully recover.
  5. 45silverback

45silverback New Member

Oh, I agree with you completely. I just don't see it happening Brother...
  6. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

A good restatement of this phrase from the Declaration: ......."and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."
  7. 45silverback

45silverback New Member

Roger that Gunny....
  8. BillM

BillM Active Member

That---and the part right after it:

Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security
  9. 45silverback

45silverback New Member

Absodamnedlutely... Exactly....
  10. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

What confuses many people about this, and therefore prevents them from correcting the situation - is that they confound "The Government" with The Constitution. They are not the same thing. It does not say ..."do ordain and establish this "Government" for the United States of America. Which is why the remainder of the Constitution provides the means of controlling and replacing a Government every few years. The Constitution is forever, the Government is temporary, not vice versa.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
  11. 45silverback

45silverback New Member

Once again, Roger that Gunny. Without our Constitution, we are just another groupe of people standing on another piece of real estate. Our Constitution is what makes us who we are and a great nation. Why anyone would think we should "Progress" beyond the Constitution that has carried us thus far is beyond me...
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  12. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Because to many people the Constitution is an abstract, while the Government is in their face 24/7. It is human nature to give their loyalty to a Government as opposed to an idea; whether that Government is a tribal chieftain, a King, or a complex bureaucracy. It's been that way throughout most of human history, which is why it's so difficult to overcome.

The founders recognized that difficulty and did their best to give us the tools we need. But "We The People" must pick up those tools and put them to use, regardless of how heavy and complicated they are.

There is the famous quote; "A Republic, Madam, if you can keep it."
  13. 45silverback

45silverback New Member

I fear I will live to see the end of the Grand Old Republic Gunny. I had hoped otherwise...
  14. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

The fat lady has yet to sing. ;)
  15. 45silverback

45silverback New Member

I hpe you are right Brother....
  16. bugeye

bugeye New Member

Congress and the president could pass laws completely eliminating private ownership of guns. and over the many years that it would take to go through all the lower courts and finally the SCOTUS. our guns would have been collected and melted.
    this president completely ignores the constitution and nobody has the guts to stop him.
  17. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

There are plenty of people, here and else where. that are standing up to him.
    The problum, like Double D has said before, It's geting them off the butts. and do somthing about it. And not just agree with it.
  18. bugeye

bugeye New Member

I have felt like, for a long time, that if obama wins a second term, we'll end up in a revolution because this country can't survive another four years of that communist.
    personally, I am too old to fight. but I have guns and ammo to hand out to those that need them.
    I pray every day that it won't come to war.