Found this online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charles Christensen, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Charles Christensen

Charles Christensen New Member

This may be old news to you guys but I was wandering the net and came across a report about an FBI study on "cop attackers and their weapons" in the Force Science News from 28 Dec 2006.
    ------------
    Predominately handguns were used in the assaults on officers and all but one were obtained illegally, usually in street transactions or in thefts. In contrast to media myth, none of the firearms in the study was obtained from gun shows. What was available "was the overriding factor in weapon choice," the report says. Only 1 offender hand-picked a particular gun "because he felt it would do the most damage to a human being."

Researcher Davis, in a presentation and discussion for the International Assn. of Chiefs of Police, noted that none of the attackers interviewed was "hindered by any law--federal, state or local--that has ever been established to prevent gun ownership. They just laughed at gun laws."
    ------------
    Somehow I think that people like us already knew this.
  2. ofitg

ofitg New Member

The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) published a study in 1993 - before enactment of the Brady Bill - which showed that more than 80% of violent criminals obtained their guns through illicit channels.

http://rkba.org/research/wright/armed-criminal.summary.html

So now the number has risen to nearly 100%. Predictable.
  3. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    Criminals can't get guns the honest way so they have to get them the other way
  4. geds

geds New Member

Think about it - why would they want a paper trail?