fox doublebarrel .410

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by fairtradder, Oct 20, 2010.

1. fairtradder

fairtradder New Member

ive got a fox DB .410 model E manufactured in mass. instead of PA.. i m sure that itis from the early 50's. It is in fair condition, still really tight, blueing is ok, but i've had it in my gun safe for over 30 years and i havent done anything to it. shows that it truely was well made as preident rosevelt stated to A.H. Fox.

was wondering if anyone had any idea what the value would be just in fair condition?
  2. Jolly Bill

Jolly Bill Member

Fairtradder;

Your 410 side by side Fox is a Fox in name only. When Savage Arms purchased the A. H. Fox Gun Company in Philadelphia in 1929, it acquired all current inventory, the Fox name, etc.

And you're right, US President highly praised his FE grade 12 gauge Fox that was made around 1908-1909. By the way, TR's Fox just sold 2 weeks ago at Julia's Auction House in Maine. Winning bid was $750,000.00. Add 10% buyers premium to that price.

Without having your gun in hand and no pix but your description "in fair condition, still really tight, blueing is ok", my guess as to its value would be in the $300 to $500 range. Assuming it works OK, just has cosmetic issues.

The Fox model B made by Savage in the 1950's and 60's is just a dressed up Stevens 311.

Anyone else care to help Fairtradder out with the value of his Fox 410.

Jolly
  3. fairtradder

fairtradder New Member

Jolly

Thanks for the reply. it's interesting that the Fox was sold , sad that it didn't stay true to it's origin. There is not a lot of guns that keep there intrique like the Fox. I have kept it in my safe for all these years due to memories, it was the first gun my father let me fire, (over 30 years ago) and i was going to hand it down to my son......kids these days right? So I guess that i will keep it for a grand kid maybe...lol, anyway, thanks for the reply.
  4. Jolly Bill

Jolly Bill Member

fairtrader,

I agree, your Fox 410 is a keeper to you. I'm sure your grandkids will be happy you have it.

Jolly