Fox hunting

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by swanshot, Aug 14, 2009.

1. swanshot

swanshot New Member

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. It's what I use, and never found a reason to try anything else, because they work every time.
    Try This: Hold it in your lips, in front of your teeth (no hands) and suck, not blow. Practice until you can get a sharp squeal. Now don't over do it.
    A couple of short sharp squeals, then settle down and wait.
  2. DustyIrl

DustyIrl New Member

Yea, i was planning on getting one and you've made my mind up:)
    A lot of lads swear by them around here, say they have foxes run in like the clappers, others say they dont work but im guessing there doing something wrong. Thanks Swanshot
  3. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Used it, works well.

Remembering that this is a hunting forum, my statement following will be several lines down. Those of you who are sensitive do not read.

The best i've used is a recording
    we made murdering a rabbit. Don't hate me,
    I'm just simple folk.
  4. swanshot

swanshot New Member

I don't boubt you for a minute, But you're a gross bastard:D:D:D
  5. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

He might be a "Gross Bastard" as you put it :( but just think about this for a minute. Swanshot you showed a picture of your "Hound". Has he/she ever ran a rabbit into a hole and you collected the rabbit. If so I bet it screamed to beat heck ;).When I was a kid in Oklahoma I have retrieved many Cottontail rabbits from holes:eek:. Mostly just knocked then in the head with a stick I carried, just for that purpose by the way;).Had I had one of these fancy MP3s or something similar I would have made a tape of the squealing then and used it.Today I use an Olt mouth call and a Bandit electronic call. The bandit is by far the best call I have ever used,oh yea before someone asks. No I neither work nor have any business interest with the corporation. They just make dang good calls. One of the reasons that I haven't been on here much lately is because of varmint hunting. Now it is Elk season and I haven't made up my mind about hunting for one or not. I have lots of meat and may just go video some Elk North of my house. I do have my eye on a nice buck though.Swanshot I do miss the country you have there. I had excellent hosts while I was there and totally had a blast.I do believe though that some of the things we did may have been frowned upon by the local conservation officials. Damn you folks have some big rabbits. Kutaho you take care over there in the rainy country.Oh yea,I don't know if they are any left but just South of Bellingham by Alger Mountain, in the fields I used to run a lot of Red Fox with hounds. Well I have to go help a friend get a bull out of the hills. Thankfully we called in a small one so it will not be overly difficult to retrieve. Dang kids never know where to stay out of,it will take him over two hours to clear a path for us to get close to it with the four wheeler. Oh well better him than me.;):) catfish
  6. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Good to see you, Redneck... Been wondering where you run off to.

Good luck with that elk!

Crpdeth
  7. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Taint the first one ta tell me that;):D:D

Good ta hear from ya again catfish.
  8. swanshot

swanshot New Member

Stay cool Catfish:cool:It was meant as an affectionate insult:D:D
  9. catfish83861

Well Swanshot if I over stated or acted in haste its only because I have a big mouth:eek:. Hopefully I did not insult or over step my place to greatly.Kutaho is, I am sure, totaly capable of stating his own case and I shouldn't jump in so quickly,however I must admit I have never been known for being bashful about stating what I thought. In actuality I was merely attempting to make my case in my own redneck fashion. You know, Open mouth,insert FEET. Take care down south and someday I hope to return to that beautiful country. Save a cold Swans for me if you would. :D catfish
  10. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Wouldn't want ya any other way Catfish:)
  11. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    Fox hunting here is usually just an excuse to let the deer dogs run at night while the hunters sit around a campfire and drink beer while listening to the hounds. Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with campfires, drinking beer with your buddies, or listening to hounds, but fox hunting here just isn't fox hunting. There are a few people who actually go out and call predators up and take shots at them. Most of what we get here are yotes though. Occasinally a bobcat or a fox will come in to the call.
  12. swanshot

swanshot New Member

It's cool mate. or in Australian. She'll be right mate.:D:D:D I didn't take offence.
  13. catfish83861

Thanks and I meant to say save a Fosters for me. I was in a hurry. Oh yea picked up a really nice sized Largemouth Bass yesterday. Eight pounds seven ounces. Biggest one I have ever caught. Will try to send pictures later. Going up on the hill to see what I can find. later. catfish
  14. 45nut

45nut Active Member

You can't murder a rabbit, you can kill them sure, but not murder them. :eek: :D

So, you draw in coyotes with a rabbit "snuff" film? :eek: