Fox Model B 16ga

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

warpig883
    (12/5/01 10:14:15 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All AntiqueDr. or anyone else
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am bidding on this Fox model B 16 gauge. Seller says barrells have been cut done. I asked him about choke work and he said he did not know but since they took the time to fill in the space between the barrels that most likely they had choke put back in. What do you think are they just chopped off or are they full/mod or something. The seller does not have the capabilities to measure the bores. I have it right now for $199.00 but do not want to go much higher if I have to put money into it.
    Know what?

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/5/01 10:45:40 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: AntiqueDr. or anyone else
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unless they had screw-in chokes installed, those barrels will be cyl/cyl. Possibly by backboring they might get a degree of choke (a "jug" choke) but it certainly would not be anything approaching modified.

Who knows what they filled the mid-rib space with. I've seen a bunch filled with "liquid steel" products like JB Weld.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

warpig883
    (12/5/01 11:28:23 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: AntiqueDr. or anyone else
    I was wondering about how to put chokes in if they are not screw in. I forgot about the whole jug choke thing. The seller is unknoweldgeable about guns or is acting like it anyway. Don't know if I will go much higher on it. Icould have screw in chokes put in. It is a nice gun with a nice beavertail forearm. And I do have a thing for SxS's and 16 ga. also and it is a Fox. hmmm
    Know what?

AntiqueDr
    (12/5/01 11:36:16 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Well, not truly a Fox. That's a Savage-built gun using the Fox name they purchased back in the 1930's, but on their boxlock action.

The AH Fox B-grade guns are completely different.

www.apaxenterprises.com

warpig883
    (12/5/01 12:23:30 pm)
    I know that. I can not afford a real Fox. (cept my wife, and I can't hardly afford her). I have a thing for Savage and Stevens doubles. I got 311's and an odd ball 235 but not a Fox B.
    Know what?

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/18/01 9:25:22 pm)
    Piggy,I can put you on to a couple places that put chokes in guns,I woulda worked you a deal
    on a clean fox 12 ga.Did ya win the auction?

warpig883
    (12/19/01 2:54:50 am)
    Nope i quit at $205 or somewheres around that amount. High bidder got it for just a few bucks over my last bid. Kind of glad I did not get it. Got other guns on the wish list I need more than one somebody has chopped up.
    To silence the mocker is to proclaim his litany true

AntiqueDr
    (12/19/01 2:58:59 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    And that's why they say pigs are one of the smarter animals. May have to start calling you Wilbur! Good choice.

www.apaxenterprises.com