Fox Opinion Article - Does President Obama Understand Economics?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ponycar17, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

From http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/12/07/does-president-obama-understand-economics/#

This has been a nagging question for me for the last two years. Obama either doesn't fundamentally understand ANYTHING about economics, through theory or historical precedent... OR he's attempting to destroy the US economy.

Which is it? It's hard for me to fathom how people with the educational background of our current government cannot or will not understand simple economics and well-founded history... Do they think that the Keynesian economic model just hasn't been implemented correctly yet, or do they KNOW that it delays recovery and destroys economies? :mad:
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Beings that he has never ran anything even the size of a one employee business, it isn't a big surprise that he doesn't understand.

Then on the flip side, maybe he really does understand Alinski's rules. After all he did teach that in Chicago.
  3. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Nuff said
  4. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

I think I'm inclined to go with this!:confused:
  5. obxned

obxned New Member

Obama hates our way of life and is doing everything he can to destroy us.
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

This is the Bingo:

Pops
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Oh, you're dirty... I'm going to have to repost the last response here too. ;):D

It is Pops! ;) Absolutely!

The wealthy take money and produce more wealth through job creation and much-needed capital investment. We saw this in 2000-2007 when the wealthiest earners got respectable tax breaks under Bush but increased their overall responsibility of total tax take. The top 5% of earners went from a total tax responsibility for the nation of 56.47% in 2000 to 60.63% in 2007. The top 1% of earners saw their tax responsibility increase from 37.42% in 2000 to 40.42% in 2007. From http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html

The wealthy know how to take money and produce a return on investment (ROI). Giving the equivalent amount of money as a distribution to the other 99% of the country will not produce a noticeable ROI alone. Increasing taxes on the wealthy will NOT lessen the burden on the other 95-99% of the population without decreasing the total tax take every year. That decrease will necessitate knee-jerk tax increases which will compound the problem even further.

As Mr. Lott suggests, there can't just be a demand-side or a supply-side effect. There has to be a push-pull relationship. The Bush cuts of 2001 produced that effect by creating a supply-side stimulus in the form of lower-to-middle class tax rebates and rate reductions along with demand-side stimulus tax rate reductions simultaneously. It should be noted that the first measure of recession occurred in the 3rd quarter of 2000, in Clinton's last year of office. I'll post my infamous chart again to show how the middle class were helped below... ;) Note that the chart doesn't include the effect of extending the child tax credit upwards to $1K for qualifying dependent children. That credit helped the poor and middle class greatly!

So tell me again, who's for the poor and middle class Mr. Dumbama? :rolleyes:

It's hard for me to fathom that they just "don't get this". I think there's much more at work... :eek:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  8. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

He understands the economics of marxism.
  9. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Understand is a strong word. It implies intelligence.

Does he "understand" or simply repeat the economics of Marxism from a higher handler?... Think about that for a while...
  10. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

If by higher handler you mean all those self admitted card carrying communists, terrorists and Black Liberation people that he grew up with I'll go with ya on that. :D

Thanks for posting that chart again. It really is as simple as that.
  11. henry77

henry77 New Member

He and his gang of thieves have no understanding of basic economics. They want to stick it to us.