frank wesson .22 double trigger rifle

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by larrybtoast, Apr 8, 2012.

1. larrybtoast

larrybtoast New Member

Hello fellow shooters,
    I recently saw one of these incredibly rare rifles at a local antique store. It is a Frank Wesson .22 rim fire single shot rifle. The gun features two triggers. The first trigger acts as a release to open the gun, the second is the firing trigger. The patent date said 1861. Does anyone have any information on these? And is it possible to get a value? The price tag said $975 and if I were to buy it, I would be re-selling it. Is it worth it?
    Thanks to all in advance.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

G'day Larry that would depend a lot on the model , year of manufacture and condition of the rifle

now if it was one of F Wessons pocket rifles , , good chance of making some $$ on it

other models you may already be at max value or a bit more , depending on condition

[​IMG]

photos would help

cheers
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  3. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Actually, somewhere over 30,000 Frank Wesson two-trigger rifles were made in five series. The .22 is somewhat less common that the larger bores, even so, unless that gun is in exceptional condition or a truly rare variation, that may be all the money for it.
  4. larrybtoast

larrybtoast New Member

Well I didn't measure the gun, but it seemed to be about 28" to 32" overall length. It looks exactly like the one above except for one detail. The forward sight could be flipped up and down and was a circular sight.