Frankford Arsenal Micro Scale

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by The_Vigilante, May 23, 2008.

1. The_Vigilante

The_Vigilante New Member

Do any of you use the Micro Scale? I just received mine from Midway and have a question. Is it necessary every time I turn the scale on to go thru the process of placing the pan on the scale to zero it out? The directions hint that if the scale turns off in the process all one has to do is remove the pan, turn on the scale again, and proceed. This has not been my experience so far-have to zero the pan every time.
  2. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I have an RCBS 1500 and when I turn it on I usually let it warm up for a few minutes and then check one of the 50 gram weights to see it says 50 grams and then switch back to grains and start using. On occasion I will go thru the calibration process instead or if I get a reading of other than 50.0 I'll calibrate. After awhile you get to know how the scale reacts and if something doesn't seem correct then calibrate.
  3. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

For *any* electronic scale, it is best to calibrate it before each use, then zero it out, "tare", once the pan is in place.

You could probably get away with doing it less often, but the process is pretty simple and quick, so I find no reason to not put it in my reloading routine.
  4. sg5054

sg5054 New Member

Send it back and get a rcbs range master 750. I had that scale and was so ticked off after 100 rounds I could have tossed out the window. Spend the extra money for the rcbs. Midway will take it back and likely even credit the shipping back as well.
    Trust me, you will be far better off( have I ever lied to you before?):D.