Free Money

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LIKTOSHOOT, Apr 7, 2004.

1. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Welp, enter the new hog fun......rather than shoot these ground rippers anymore. We`ll let someone else do it, not shoot---pick up.

Just found a guy who buys these things, starts at .57 a pound and goes up for weight after three hundred pounds, big tusked boars bring more.

Chunk a handful of corn in a trap, trap pig, pick up phone, he picks up pig......sends a check after scaling them for weight.

Bet we have wasted a ton of these in the last year or so.
    Not any more!!!!

Hillbilly free money

LTS
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

LTS..............the pig farmer and cowboy! Looks like you and Bear are gonna be busy chasin hawgs out there!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  3. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Bear had the chance.......too lazy to even call. All mine`z

LTS
  4. Country101

Country101 Active Member

.57 cents a pound aint bad. If I'm corrrect, that's above market value for farm raised ones. I think we usually get somewhere around .45/lb.

I got a friend that killed one that was about 300# and kept its head. I think he left in an ant pile so he could have a clean skull. His wife wasn't too happy about that.
  5. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

LTS, there's another guy out of Canton who does them same thing. The big tusk boars usually get shipped off to fenced game hunting ranges and the others get butcherd and sold to the classes eat joins. quite a few make good money at it. My cusion and a few of his friends go off on horse back rope and hog tie em to bring back alive to sale.

But not I. no way heck will i go toe hoof with these critters. I take saftey of hunting them for the bed of the truck. That's all i need to get teased about from my friends if one got after me "sayin yeah i last seen that crazy nut haulin @$$ over yonder in is power chair with a hog bringin up the rear!..lol
  6. jlmckinney

jlmckinney New Member

txquadhunter,

You reminded me of what happend to my cousin last year in Palestine, TX! I was at work and he called me from deer camp! He said "Hey Boy, you need to hurry and get down here! I was up in my stand, got tired, and walked to where I last saw some bucks running. Heard some noise to his left and counted 40 BIG HOGS coming my way." Frozen in his tracks he waited for them to pass by. The BIGGEST ONE of them all turned around, snorted at him, then all of them turned around! He dropped the Big Boy and all scattered, including him! He was only carrying his new Thompson Center Encore .308 SINGLE SHOT rifle with only 8 rds of ammo!

I think I would split to!

Semper Fi

JM
  7. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

jl, I don't blame him for splitting to. alot don't understand how bad these critters can be. Those tusk will slice thru ya like butter. really on anyone who has never hunted them, lots try to take a heart/lung shot on them like deer. but unlike other critters due to them fighting they build cartlage across there sides to pretect them alot of the time most rifles can pierce thru this. I've dug quite a few rounds from this area where they've been shot before, the bullet was mushroomed out long before it got thru. thats why ya nail them from behind the ear to front shoulder. they drop like rocks. But with me being a wheel chair hunter I don't trust hunting them on the ground. I've talked to the pro from www.texasboars.com by email a few times, he even said I was a brave hunting them with my disability. But man I love the taste of em, I'd give up store bought porkies for them anytime. I do most of my hog hunting around Emory and Wolf City plus any other place anyone will allow me to.

I was looking at your TFF name, I was wondering if the end of it mckinney stands for the town you live in?
  8. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Yeah, pigs are stout. A hundred pounder can lift a man off his feet with no problems. Fightin a 200-300 is rough. I have to do it about every 2-3 months with about 300 head each time when we load them onto the trucks. All we have are barrows and gilts, so they aint too mean, but if you aint payin attention, they can hurt ya. I've got a nice scar about 1/2" wide and 1 1/2" long from one of our breeding boars. He decided he didn't want me to back him down a hallway, so he tusked me. Lucky his tusk was broke off some. It still went over and inch and a half deep. I think he was about 500 pounds at the time. I aint messin with a wild one though. Not unless I have a big gun with lots of ammo.