Free targets! and Beretta 87 info?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

z537z
    (2/14/03 9:01:02 pm)
    Reply Free targets! and Beretta 87 info?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Found this site: Looks really good. PDF format.

proveit.www8.50megs.com/
    Click on "download targets" and you're good to go.

Also: Has anyone had any experience with a Beretta model 87 target pistol? I know it's accurate, just looking for reliability (feeding, firing, durability, etc.) info.

Thanks all.

_z

thomasray
    (2/14/03 10:10:06 pm)
    Reply Re: Free targets! and Beretta 87 info?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And the 87 is $500 for a plinker. Get a Ruger............ for half.

z537z
    (2/15/03 12:01:29 am)
    Reply good call
    Ruger's probably the way to go.

Any noticable difference betweent the bull (target) and tapered barrel when it comes to accuracy? It is STEEL.

I just want something Italian until I get that Ferrari.

Broke as ever,

_z

thomasray
    (2/15/03 7:44:16 pm)
    Reply Re: good call
    i recently got a ruger 45/22 with a 4" bull barrel cause it feels good. in a longer barrel it might make a difference is accuracy but not in a 4 ". a ruger mark 2 has a bit more angle on the grip. otherwise same gun. foolproof weapon.

they go at auctionarmsdotcom for 220 ect. i paid 239 at my gun shop.

z537z
    (2/15/03 8:25:45 pm)
    Reply Thanks, but...
    Fact is, despite my pipe dreams, I'm looking to spend like 250 or less on a pistol.
    Walther P22 looks nice and I think I could get the feed problem fixed (magazine issue).

I just don't like the look of the Ruger as much, and the rotary bolt I don't like. Blowback is the way to go for me.

Anything I'm forgetting? Taurus revolvers are crap.
    Beretta 87 Cheetah? Still 400, but...

_z

Trog777
    (3/1/03 8:06:14 pm)
    Reply Re: 87T info/opinion
    I've been really impressed with my Beretta 87T. I'm still searching for which ammo it likes the best as far as accuracy/price goes, but so far it has eat everything it was fed. The only dislike I have for the gun is the plastic grips feel really sharp textured to me and I replaced mine with a walnut set off a model 85. I'm taking it to the range 'scoped' for the first time this week. Can't wait.

z537z
    (3/11/03 6:44:28 pm)
    Reply 87...
    Be sure to lemme know what happens at the range Trog! I agree, plastic stinks.

Hurry! I'm back at this forum and antsy to drool over guns I can't legally buy yet again.

_z

Trog777
    (3/14/03 2:57:35 pm)
    Reply Re: 87...
    Z, I'm having a ball at the range with my 87. this is one sweet .22. I've shot 14 different 22lr's through it so far of at least 50 rounds each. The only problems were with a box of Remington Golden Bullets. These seemed to nose dive into the feed ramp about 1 out of 20, and also about that number misfires. Maybe just a bad batch, (Wal-mart 550 value pack)but then again, they seem to shoot fine in a R-22/45. I put a Nikon 2X (1.65 act) on last week and have had 3 range sessions since. I'm not the greatest shot with a handgun, (people with rock steady hands piss me off. ) but you can really show off at 25 yards. I'm getting better with it every clip. CCI Green tags shoot REAL well but $! Besides, cheapo Winchester Experts seem to be almost as accurate. But I don't put too much stock in what other people shoot as it seems to me each individual .22 is different. In my opinion the 87 may be a little expensive, but I flat out love mine and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. As a bonus and one of the reasons I purchased it in the first place, is my carry gun is a model 86 and it's nice to have a .22 with the same feel and controls.