Freedom of Speech

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Doug Trapp, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

2. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

Remember the huge outrage when that guy, from Florida I think, was going to burn all those koran's ? They belonged to him and there was much more trouble than scum burning an American flag. Everything was being done to keep him from upsetting the muslimes.
    If you purchase an American flag and decide to burn it that's fine, unfortunately it's legal . If you do it in front of me, I'm likely to set your face on fire with it.

3. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

So by that logic, if I bought a puppy, I could set it on fire because its mine?

4. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It gets tedious.......

dbcooper, msheff, SilasW and 2 others like this.
  5. AaronW

AaronW Well-Known Member

So America should be more like Mexico, China, and Syria? No thanks, I don't take those nations into account when deciding what I think American rights should be. My view on the issue is burn your flag if you want to, but if you are breaking another law by doing so then expect to deal with the consequences.

Grizzley1 and firefighter1635 like this.
  6. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

IMG_0831.GIF

7. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

You know I never said America should be more like Mexico, China, or Syria. You know it, and I know it, so why would you go there?

dbcooper and ral357 like this.
  8. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

47 of our states have laws that make flag desecration a crime.

Bob Reynolds and carver like this.
  9. Racist Infidel

Racist Infidel Member

Yes, you can. Animal cruelty laws may come into effect if you don't dispatch the animal first, but it is your property to do with as you please. I've put dogs down before with not one word from "the authorities."

10. Racist Infidel

Racist Infidel Member

How many
    How many prosecutions do you know of lately. SCOTUS has ruled it protected speech so any State laws are NULL and VOID. Call your local LEO and ask.

11. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

Do you have to dispatch it first, by bleaching the colors?

12. Racist Infidel

Racist Infidel Member

If that's what floats your boat. Tell me, what is the proper method of disposing of a flag when it is beyond it's useful life?

13. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

It's burned in a respectful manner by those following guidelines for the procedure. I don't consider a bunch of howling, squalling traitors stomping and spitting as respectful. And neither does any one else who has sacrificed for it. Like I said before, do as you like, but someone that burns an American flag in my sight won't live to burn another. It goes back to that oath I took.

Bob Reynolds and carver like this.
  14. Racist Infidel

Racist Infidel Member

I have no interest in burning the flag. But if I did and you wanted to attack my person, I live in a "stand your ground" state and would just as soon drop you in your tracks, as is my God given right. :)

15. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

Some allow people to spit and pi$$ on the memories and sacrifices of veterans. Others do not. If you choose to condone it then you can "stand their ground." Anyone not part of the solution is part of the problem IMO.

Bob Reynolds, carver and jedwil like this.