The Firearms Forum banner

French flintlock pistol questions?...

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Nc-by-the-c 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys...I just started muzzleloading because of my son shooting in 4h club/competitions we shoot a tc renegade 50 cal

He's 12 and we thought it be cool to try our hand at a flintlock pistol so he we go....just got this...questions....seems to be a repro, I want to be sure it is safe to fire, it is very well made and seems that one could load a ball in addition to just powder but I'm not sure,

Does anyone recognize the "RN" stamp on barrel? Any guess on who made and when? Safe to shoot? Bore size? Amount of Goex fffg to use safely behind ball?

I'm working on uploading pics...

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I just took barrel off, the "17" stamped on the exterior is on the exterior mainspring that throws the hammer, it is stamped on underside of barrel (on the rear petrusion that the screw goes through) and is stamped and written with magic marker inside the stock, I will post pics tomorrow, wonder why each part is stamped "17"? Could it be a serial number? The only piece that doesn't match is that front sleeve thing, it is stamped 28...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.