1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

fried deer meat

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by 38 special, Dec 3, 2009.

1. 38 special

38 special New Member

Tonight we had deer heart sliced about a quarter inch thick and backstrap steaks all fried in butter just until pink inside. It was absolutely delicious -only added salt and pepper.Ther is nothing better and there's something about deer meat that just makes you feel good. I never feel bloated or too full when I eat deer meat.
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Oh does that sound good wish i was there with you
  3. red14

red14 Active Member

I have only had venison a few times. I was always taken by the intense taste. It just tasted rich and flavorful. Never used any sauce, good meat doesn't need it. An insult really.
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    That's the way to do it! I just get exasperated with those folks that think you have to soak it in vinegar, or salt water, or what ever. That's for folks that don't like deer meat. I say cook it, and enjoy.
  5. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Agreed, if you don't like the gaminess of wild meat, don't eat it! Give it to me instead.
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I will occasionally use a little lemon pepper, but usually just plain black. Salt after cooking, while still hot. Dang, I'm hungry, again.

Pops