Friendliest State

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Radioman909, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Radioman909

Radioman909 New Member

Now that is a very fair question. Should a person who holds a valid CCW license be required to wait the 10 days when purchasing a handgun in his own state? In California I do not think even the police can walk in an purchase a handgun without waiting, I may be wrong of course?

I have heard that there is no waiting period in some state though?
  2. Bodyguard

Bodyguard New Member

In Kentucky there is no waiting period, you give them your money and get your gun after you fill out the 4473 form and they call in your info and get a NICS approval. You leave with your gun within a few minutes of the purchase under normal circumstances. If you have a CCDW, you need only give that to the dealer with the form and there is no NICS background check necessary.
  3. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

no waiting period in TN. If there was, I would move.
  4. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

Kentucky and Tenn. are exceptions to most of the other eastern states. They do not have handgun registrations.:)Good luck

RC
  5. redwing carson

6. the yooper

the yooper New Member

all i know is , it pisses me off that hear in michigan i haft to pay 100$ every 5 years to prove i'm a (good) citizen.. shouldent the bad guy half to pay instead of sombody that has done what was asked!!!:mad:
  7. Radioman909

Radioman909 New Member

At least most of you can get a CCW permit. Here in California it's impossible, unless you know a judge or Sherrif personally. And as I said before I prefer open carry, but I guess with a CCW in most states I can make the choice myself.
  8. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

Arizona dropped the requirement for a CCW permit to carry concealed, but myself and a number of people I know will maintain ours for the reciprocity. As for the rest, Arizona qualifies according to the law, but the effects depend on where you're standing at the time. Unfortunately the Tucson area is less conservative over all than the Phoenix area and the rural parts of the state and you can run into some issues with open carry. And we won't even talk about the tie-dyed, crystal-wearing, mystical morons in the Sedona "vortex" area.
  9. redwing carson

Becareful, A deputy south of Parker, Az. gave me some problems. I have a Utah CCL good in Az. The Arizona law on keeping a pistol in a holster not using the door map pocket to store the weapon. You must have at least 2" of the gun exposed etc. Try explaning your rights to a 22 year old Wyatt Earp wanna be who is working by the hour.:eek:good luck

RC
  10. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

11. stitch1870

stitch1870 New Member

I understand what you're saying and how you feel about "unlawful search and seizure" but you have to think for a second that it may be for the safety of the LEO involved. Saying completely hypothetically, a law abiding CHL holder is having a bad day and the 2 start getting in a pissing match over something minor, and you see where I'm going with this. Law abiding citizens (for 99.9999999-%) are just that, but there are exceptions to every rule. I was stopped by a Tx State Trooper in El Paso for speeding (I was) and by my rule of thumb, as long as the officer feels safe, I feel safe. I handed him my CHL and informed him I was carrying and had my hands up so he could plainly see my 1911 next to my handbrake. All in all he only gave me a warning, but "seized" my pistol while he was back at his squad car writing the warning, which I have no problem with. As I said, if I can ensure the officer of his safety, then it puts me at ease and IMO its just better for everyone. I understand where you're coming from, but think about it from an LEO point of view, would you feel better if the person declared their firearm and willingly handed it over for the duration of the stop or find out during the process and fear they are hiding something. Just food for thought and my .02
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

totally agree stitch. I exercise the same when pulled over by county around here. Its just a common courtesy IMO.

I know most by name and they all know I carry. in fact they have jokingly stated that if they were ever in a shoot out with some baddies and they see my vehicle they were gonna come and commandere my weapons to fend off the bad guys and serve justice ;)
  13. stitch1870

stitch1870 New Member

Haha, must be nice. I was drivin from Houston, Tx to Camp Pendleton, Ca so I was a bit ways away from home, but since I was gonna be cruisin the US/Mex border about the same time the whole ordeal about mexican assassins and what not. So it kinda helped me justify shellin out for a Kimber Desert Warrior II, had 3 spare mags loaded with 230g HP loaded and ready to go. Concealing wasn't fun as the last inch of the slide kept wanting to poke out from under sweatshirt.
  14. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

have not traveled much but when i was in florida everyone was so nice
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

yessir a full size 1911 isnt concealments best friend, but for a down right manstopper you just cant find a classier way to deliver 230 gr HPs to a badguys sternum...;)