1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

frist hand gun?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by s13, Aug 31, 2010.

1. s13

s13 New Member

What about a Walther p22??
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

The walther is a nice gun and very popular here in Australia

It comes with a 5 and 7 round mag option ( our limit here ) and differing attachments are available

I've only known one person who had a issue with theres and it was replaced in a week or so with a brand new one

some folks dont like the plastic guns , but they have been around a few years now and some have had a real heavy time of it as club guns etc and they all hold up very well

consider a club gun here may be used by 10 different people a day every day for a period of years

thats 20 lifetimes of average private owner ship in 1 year ..

i think a walther P22 is a very good start , and here they seem to hold there value a bit better than most as well
  3. Sandman

Sandman Member

:mad:Glad I don't live in the People's Republic of Kalifornia!
  4. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

the walther would be a good choice. cheap to shoot and fun.... you can get alot of practice with one of those for very little money spent in ammo. now if you're panning on using it for home defense as well , yes it will work if you consider shot placement a priority. some will tell you a 22 isn't big enough for a defensive handgun and while it wouldn't be anyone who knows firearms first choice it'll work in a pinch. keep in mind more people have been killed with a 22 than any other caliber. consider it a starter and get good with it once you're comfortable move up to something bigger.
  5. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

Maybe a Walther .32 or a Bersa Thunder .380?