frist time/ first time

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Chas
    (10/10/02 5:15:51 pm)
    Reply first time/first time
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just purchased my first 1911 style .45 and this is my first week checking out the forum. I have really enjoyed the postings and have learned allot already. I have found both the gun and the forum addicting.

Thanks,

Chas

"Whopped 'em again Josey"

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (10/10/02 5:37:44 pm)
    Reply Re: first time/first time
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chas, Glad to have you aboard. What brand did you buy ?

What brand are you going to buy next ? No one owns just one 1911.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/10/02 7:01:30 pm)
    Chas, it is good to have you aboard...

Keep us up to date on your new pistole'

In this age where truth is fleeting and mass manipulation is common, the ability to detect when something doesn't make sense is a valuable one.

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 10/14/02 7:51:44 am

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/10/02 7:09:24 pm)
    Chas, welcome to the family...Tell us something about yourself. Congrats on the 1911 purchase...been through a few of em myself, but I'll never forget the first one.

Chas
    (10/10/02 7:20:35 pm)
    Reply first time
    Thanks zigzag2...

I picked up one of those (cough) "clones" from the Philippines. It's a full size "Blue Thunder" from Century Arms. I posted a note about it under the "clone" discussion heading on the 8th. I'm happy with it so far but will let everyone know if I have problems.

I've got my sights on a Springfield Mil-Spec next. Found one new for less than $440 at a local shop.

See ya at the range!

Chas

Chas
    (10/14/02 11:42:58 am)
    Reply something
    I'm married with three daughters (all under 5 yrs old). We live in Northwest Arkansas where I work as a hospice chaplain (I visit the terminally ill). I love my .45 and can't keep my hands off it. I also have a Browning Buckmark .22.

Chas

b9904
    (10/15/02 7:27:59 am)
    Reply Phil. 1911
    Chas:

you probably bought one manufactured by armscor.

glad you like it and there is no prob.

anyway, goes to show NOT all 1911 made in the Philippines are junk.

Chas
    (10/15/02 8:30:07 am)
    Reply armscor
    The pistol has "S.A.M." on the slide. I asked the folks at Century Arms what that stood for and they told me "Shooter's Arms Manufacturing." They said that this company has contracts with the government (Phil) and also sells on the open market.

The website is: www.shootersarms.com.ph/

Chas

Edited by: Chas at: 10/15/02 10:05:05 am

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/15/02 4:18:29 pm)
    Reply Re: armscor
    Welcome Chas, great place here, you'll like it. Full of knowledgeable folks...

I'm in Tulsa...come by and shoot soometime!

"A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!"
    Paid for by the Xracer and Boom-atic for Federal Office Campaign

Chas
    (10/16/02 12:01:47 pm)
    Reply boomatic
    Thanks boomatic!

I reckon you'll make your way over to the Wanenmacher gun show this weekend. I've never been but I heard it's a big one. I've got wood to cut but I might try and slip over there on Sat. I'd love to shoot sometime. I've got a bro-in-law that lives in Sapulpa.

Take care!

Chas

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/16/02 12:18:50 pm)
    Re: boomatic
    WELCOME TO T F F --- Chas.
    We are very (Auspicious) types of cretins....

Keep this in mind, please.

You do not have to visit every forum here at TFF
    to find disordered minds; our "Pumphouse
    Saloon" is the mental institution forum of the universe!

ENJOY every chance ya get.
    Glad you're here.

Charlie D aka Different name
    Birds of feather flock together
    and crap on yer car.

Chas
    (10/16/02 1:56:22 pm)
    Reply different name
    You're way ahead of me...I had to look those two words up (auspicious & cretin)...and I bet it ain't the last time neither.

I'll probably wait until quitin' time on Friday to visit the Pumphouse Saloon (where LOON is evidently the operative word). I'm crazy enough all week long to keep myself entertained. But a good laugh at someone else's expense (for a change) is good for the soul.

chas

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/16/02 4:40:49 pm)
    Reply Re: different name
    Chas...I live in Sapulpa, too! I always say Tulsa because nobody knows where the heck Sapulpa is. And yup, I'll be at the gunshow this weekend!!! It IS big.

"A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!"

Chas
    (10/17/02 5:04:54 pm)
    Reply shooting
    Hey boomatic...

Do you shoot at one of the nearby clubs...Red Castle or Oil Capital? I'm just startin' out and could use some pointers sometime.

Will you be the guy with the coonskin cap at the gun show? I'll be the poor slob with drool running down his face and shirt.

My bro-in-law lives up behind Kiefer, but has a Sapulpa address. He's probably about 10 min from Atwoods.

Small world (not always a good thing).

chas

"Whopped 'm again Josey"

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/18/02 4:58:02 pm)
    Reply Re: shooting
    chas,
    I shoot out by Bluebell...out towars Kellyville. My dad belong to Oil Capital...go there some. Plus I have relatives with land in Kellyville...go out there a lot. I am going to join Tulsa Firearms (indoor club) here pretty soon. It is right by where I work so it'll be quite convenient.

I'll be a droolin' too at the show too. I have a couple of recent trade items I'll be hawkin' or lookin' to trade on some 1911 type stuff. I am going to go on Saturday instead of sunday as previously stated.