Frog Lube

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by JLA, Jan 13, 2012.

1. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Glad that's a sticky now. I'll want to come back to this. Can it be shipped to the UK?
  2. Boris

Boris Former Guest

So far it's good. Repels water real nice too.

When I get home from work the Walther P22 is getting degreased and redone with frog lube. I will shoot the snot out of it this weekend and get back. That gun hates any kind of lube without gathering dirt and gunk it also hates dry lubes so frog juice might be the answer. I hope lol....
  3. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I took some degreaser to the Walther P22 tonight and did like JLA did and scrubbed the entire gun with a tooth brush. I was amazed at how much more carbon was lifted off what looked like a completely clean gun. I wiped it down after the brushing and relubed. Then I did the heat thing a little backwards and put a hair drier to it and melted it to an oil like consistency so all the internals could get lubed. It worked perfect and after it cooled down she was slick as snot. That gun is 90% crappy MIM parts that do not have very smooth interaction with one another. Frog lube helped make it feel more like a real gun lol.

I wiped off the excess after it cooled down and rubbed it into the exterior metal parts. The gun is more smooth than I can ever remember. This gun has never liked any lube product. We will see how this non oil lube works. So far the Glock likes it. I been carrying the P22 all night when we went out, yeah I'm that brave, I carried my P22, but it ain't the gun a criminal will be worried about, wife has the G19 anyway and shoots as good as the guys I work with so I felt plenty safe. Lint does not seem to be an issue. It does not collect it any worse than any oil and looks like it gathers it less as of now. As time passes I will report back.
  4. coachwill

coachwill Forum Sponsor

Yes it can be shipped out to the UK. I am working on a guy now who wants to be a dealer in Sweden.
  5. coachwill

coachwill Forum Sponsor

I also have a degreaser available now that is on the market from FrogLube. I am working on getting some of it in sample packs so I can send out a few as well. Right now I only have 2 sample packs and one of those is MINE!
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

How bout a link here to the order form for frog lube Coach?

I really like this stuff and that would make it easy to find when we need more.
  7. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I did it again. Tore down the 1895 Nagant and blasted it with powder blast. Looked clean, until I put a simple tooth brush that isn't even stiff with frog lube on it and just lightly scrubbed. What ever it was that made it dirty went away. I put some heat to it and melted it into every crevice. Let it cool while eating and just got done putting it back together. No matter how much I rubbed it just would not all come off.

Result is a nice dark exterior looking finish and the unreal double action on this design is smooooth now, if you could use that word and 1895 Nagant in the same sentence. The SA pull is significantly more smooth.

Good stuff, cannt wait to get it dirty....
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

no kiddn, The 1895 nagant revolver is about as close as a DA revolver comes to a turd as you can get. And that funky lookin nail for a firing pin and the overseated ammo. Hilarious!
  9. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

I thought the frog lube was a cleaner
  10. Boris

Boris Former Guest

It is a turd. However when I shoot 32 longs with 98 grain LRN loads it is accurate enough for me to bag rabbits out to 30 yards. The SA pull is indeed heavy but is lighter and easier to shoot than a smith M&P with its sigma trigger. The SA on mine is only 7#. Might sound heavy but the first real Colt 1911 I bought had the same weight trigger on it.

I just got a bunch of Russian 86 grain FMJ ammo that hits 1300 fps. These loads are what the original loads were like. Same FPE as a 9x19mm 147 grain load and you know you are shooting real ammo when you touch it off. With the proper ammo like I got now it is a viable military cartridge and plants little critters in my bag real nice.

Even DA I can put a full cylinder COM at 15 yards. I even carry it from time to time when I feel froggy, no pun intended.
  11. Boris

Boris Former Guest

JLA is onto something here. I just did the P32 this morning. I took her down to the pieces and degreased everything. The gun was spotless clean before I degreased. I took a tooth brush and scrubbed it into the parkd finish and put some heat to it. This stuff pulls the carbon build up on a microscopic level. I got so much carbon out of the what I believed clean finish it was unreal. I set it outside in the cold to let the lube set in and wiped off the extra. Put it back together and she is slick.

I love this stuff. However I will not do any other guns right now because I don't think it will do any better than SBGO does on the shotguns and XD9. I know it will work great on them it's just that I love my standard lube that much.

I will concentrate my testing on guns I carry that I sweat on and do not desire petroleum products so close to my skin.
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I scrubbed the bore of my newly aqquired 03A3 last night. It was a clean bore mind you, rigorously cleaned with butch's bore shine.. I put some frog on a bronze brush and stroked it up and down the bore 20 or so times and hit it with a blow dryer. Then swabbed it out.. BLACK!, then a few dry patches and scrubbed it again, blowdryer, swabbed, BLACK! Heat is indeed the trick Boris. I scrubbed and blowdryed 3 times before my patches came out green with bronze flecks in it. And the bore was bordering on a religious experience when I was done..
  13. Boris

Boris Former Guest

First range test done.

The P22 was like a new gun. For some reason after about 100 rounds it gets dirty enough in the firing pin channel that it will not fire in the DA because the hammer does not go to full cock and hits with less pressure. Well I fired 200 rounds and the next 50 I fired all DA and it never misfired a single time.

All I did for cleanup was wipe it off and I got more carbon from just a rub down than any clp could have soaked up. This stuff is an awesome cleaner and a very good lube. The hassle of getting all the oil out and heating is worth it!

The Glock as always ran perfect. I shot a bunch of UMC 230 ball and that stuff is loaded HOT. No muzzle flash but rem primers are always sparky, plenty of sparks came out of the muzzle. Cleaned up the same way, just a wipe. I don't usually clean her until she hits 1k but I did to see ho the frog lube works. After 300 rounds it wiped off all carbon.

Best cleaning lube I have used period. I plan to use it on every gun I carry to keep petroleum products away from my skin.

Someone needs to do a rust test on this stuff to see how it holds up to long outdoor exposure.
  14. coachwill

coachwill Forum Sponsor

Sorry I have been away for a while. Between work and kids it has been unreal this month.

Boris, The rust tests have been done but we are always looking for others to help out with this as well. The basics are that you will see just a little rust happening on the metal but nothing will pit or be a hard rust like what I have seen with CLP and other stuff in the past. The rust will basically wipe right off with just a cloth and the FrogLube will still be there to protect the metal.
  15. Little Rooster

Little Rooster New Member

I have been using it also, I am impressed with it.