frosty's .38 S&W Enfield WW II revolver

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by frosty, Sep 30, 2004.

1. frosty

frosty New Member

It was only $179.00 because it would not eject the cartridges. I fixed it. It is now 100% reliable. The ejector had slipped the spring collar inside. I just slipped it back into place.........and shazzam!, It works. It is the tanker version due to the hammer being removed so that the tanker could enter, move around, and exit the tank without the hammer catching on anything. It is double action only. About a 12 #lb trigger pull. :eek:

Attached Files:

2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

I've got it's big brother, an Enfield Mk.VI.... .455 modified to shoot .45ACP in half-moon clips.

A really sturdy revolver, and quite accurate too....but with a horrible double action trigger pull. At least with mine, I can shoot it single action, which gives it a much lighter pull.
  3. frosty

frosty New Member

Xracer, please post a pic of your Webley. I would love to see it. If you ever would like to part with it....... :) ........I would like to buy it. ;)
  4. Xracer

I don't have a pic of it Frosty, but it looks exactly like the Webley Mk. VI here...... http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg91-e.htm

The Mk.VI was manufactured by Webley from 1915 until 1921, after which it was manufactured by the Royal Small Arms Factory at Enfield Lock....until about 1932.

A lot of 'em were imported in the '50's and '60's. The importer had them modified (had the rear of the cylinder turned down a few thou) to use with .45ACP with halfmoon clips.

At that time they sold for around $35-$45. I paid $45 for mine in the mid-'70's.

Theoretically, the .455 should require a .454 bullet, but I slugged my barrel and it's .4515......same as my 1911's, so reloading for it is easy.

And, no, it's not for sale.
  5. frosty

frosty New Member

AWWW! Shucks.............I had to try. :)
  6. Xracer

Hey Frosty....no harm, no foul. :D

BTW.....those Webleys/Enfields, despite being a break-top, are a really robust and strong gun. No need to worry whether those babys can handle full power loads.