frosty's .44 special Bulldog Pug

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by frosty, Sep 30, 2004.

1. frosty

frosty New Member

I carry this little tank with me every where I go! Its loaded with 200 grn Winchester Silver tips in .44 special. This pistol is made by Charter 2000 or Charter Arms. The frame is one solid piece. It has no side plate! Very strong. It handles 240 grn slugs with no problem. At 25 yrds with my reloads I am getting under 2 1/2 inches. I have to do my part to hit that far. This little subbie has a lot of punch. Hell of a lot more than a .38 spl +P.. ;)

Attached Files:

2. frosty

frosty New Member

Just to give some of you a perspective on the difference in size. On the left is the .38 special on the right is the .44 special. The .38 special is loaded with a 158 grn bullet. The .44 special is loaded with a 200 grn bullet. The .44 special can beloaded up to a 240 grn bullet something the .38 special cannot do.

Attached Files:

3. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Does that little toy come in MAG? I got a taste for them little ole 300 grain flat nose bullets. :-D
  4. frosty

frosty New Member

Sorry, no it does not come in .44 magnum. It does come in .357 magnum though or only chambered in .38 special your choice. Great little revolver. It has 8 riflings which makes it so accurate. Try one and see if you like it. :)
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

A guy in our shooting club got a Bulldog when they first came out. A fine defensive firearm, but a real handful with fullpower loads.

A couple of years later, Pachmayr came out with a set of grips for it, which made it much more controllable and pleasant to shoot.

You might want to give 'em a try....

http://www.lymanproducts.com/pachmayr/
  6. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Taurus makes one!

444 Ultralite

They also have the 44 Tracker, 4" barrel but weighs 6 oz. more! It is also only a 5 shot where the 444 is a six shot.
  7. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Frosty, carried one those for years, only it had the bobbed hammer and finger groove Pachmyers. Silver tips was my choice too, not very accurate past 7yrds, but man what a hole they make! Ever see what they do to ballistic jell? I still kick myself for selling it to a friend, but he needed it as a bartender in a biker bar. Nuthin gets a disorderly drunks attention like the big hole on the end of that short barrel!
  8. denfoote

denfoote New Member

What's the little beast run??
    I just got through reading an article about yet another new "Thunder Ranch" special: A new production S&W M21. The 21-4!! It sounded interesting and I have been looking for a decent .44spl for a long time!! I'm just not to keen on shelling out the price that 'ol Clint and S&W have in mind!! :eek:
  9. punchie

punchie Member

It ain't light but it is a 6 shot 44 special and quality all the way S&W 24 3".

[​IMG]
  10. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Its very nice indeed, thanks for sharing. I also enjoy my Comanche and Rossi.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. stetson

stetson New Member

I have a bulldog.Nice gun with a bark! It's one of my favorites even though
    it not one of the most expensive pieces in my collection.I enjoy shooting
    this light revolver that packs a heavy punch!
  12. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I had a Taurus 44 spl. bulldog that I sold to a friend who travels a lot. I kick myself regularly for that. In my opinion, with that gun the magnum is not neccesary. It hit plenty hard hard and I never had one bowling pin get up and shoot back after being hit with it.

The only drawback is it was a 5 shot instead of 6.