1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Good fruit cake is delicious. Bad fruit cake should be forwarded to the National Hockey League. ;)
  2. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

if you guys get fruit cakes as gifts and you dont like them send them to me:thumbsup::ya::D
  3. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I love the stuff!

you know what they say, you are what you eat!
  5. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Many years ago my wife and I started a

"Fruit Cake Rescue Program".

Anyone that got one that didn't like them

we encouraged them to send it to us.
  6. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

I love fruit cake, but WAY too high in calories. I haven't had it in years.
  7. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

All right, that's it. I've been reading this post for a month and I've seen the fruit cakes in the stores. I've had enough. I can't take it anymore. I'm going out tomorrow and getting one and I'm going to eat the whole thing.:D
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  8. hstout1143

I had to do it and it tastes fantastic.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  9. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Fruit cake? Here's what I think of it.

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
  10. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Now I can see that some of you guys are just plain sick in the head. I have tried it several times in my life and the stuff is just sickening. I'm pretty concerned for you guys. :eek::D
  11. hstout1143

That's because you haven't had a "GOOD" fruit cake. The cake that I got was from a local bakery and it's really moist and delicious. I've had the ones from the drug store or grocery store and they were dry and disgusting. Find a good one, it will change your mind
  12. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Carver I can see how that would be good with the brandy but not liking to taste any alcohol in any food I do like to put some coffee in a deep saucer and then the fruit cake on top of it and let it soak in the coffee. I will keep adding coffee until it stops sucking it in and then its belly away for the fruit cake!
  13. JoeV

JoeV Active Member

The same can be said for a lot of foods that people refuse to eat after the first bite. If it's poorly or cheaply made, then it deserves to be bashed. But for heaven's sake, at least try a bite of the foods you hate every once in awhile, you just might be surprised. I used to hate lamb until my Croatian neighbor made it, and I fell in love with it from then on. Some foods you just won't like period, but give the rest at least one more chance. I love GOOD fruitcake, and loathe BAD fruitcake. Not everyone's mom is a good cook.:eek::p:p
  14. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I like your style! That does sound good! When I was kid growing up we sometimes had biscuts, and gravy, for breakfast. I loved to soak a biscut in the coffee before eating it!
  15. whirley

whirley Member

My wife bakes fruit cakes every year. Soaks them in home made hard cider. Keeps them moist. Mostly raisins, candied fruit and pecans. No candied orange peel. Taste good at any time. I make HARD cider from our apples! Tests about 20%.
    VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!