Ft. Hood: Official story full of holes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Henz, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henz

Henz New Member

2. Henz

Henz New Member

3. Henz

Henz New Member

4. Henz

Henz New Member

5. Henz

Henz New Member

6. Henz

Henz New Member

7. Henz

Henz New Member

8. Henz

Henz New Member

9. Henz

Henz New Member

The man [desk jockey] who supposedly pulled off the worst [most skilled] mass shooting in US history, in an military base full of skilled combat vets no-less.

[​IMG]
    Major Nidal Hasan
  10. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

A. No one knows what the off-duty shooting habits of the shooter were. If he knew enough to purchase a five-seven, he knew more than the average psychiatrist. The average person, with little knowledge of weapons would have exited the gun store with a Glock 9mm, or some such.

B. ALL officers and aircrews, as well as several others in the army are taught to shoot a 9mm handgun in the standing, standing one hand, one knee, prone, and moving positions. Then they are required to qualify with that weapon a minimum of once per year. It is more likely that even physician officers are required to go to the range three or more times per year. Anyone with 12 years of service, and army pistol range time is more than adequate with the task at hand.

C. The majority of the soldiers at the SRP were not battle-hardened combat soldiers. They were a rag-tag group of National Guardsmen, Reservists, and active duty troops from various units. Thursday, the day of the massacre, was a make-up day at the SRP, and this is the reason for the individual nature of the processing. There were some combat soldiers present, and they conducted themselves as such. They were the ones rescuing other soldiers and providing aid in the face of fire.

D. It is my understanding, from a recreation that was on Fox News, that the majority of the shootings were in a small sized room within the main SRP building. Even if the shooter was not well qualified, it would have been like shooting fish in a barrel. There was no where for the troops to go.

E. There were no MP's there at the onset, and the nearest LEO was the female DOD cop. The only reason she was in such close vicinity was due to her posting for the day, because her cruiser was in the shop.

F. Soldiers are taught to react to fire in a fashion that is according to the particular situation. Self-preservation is always the first task to be reconciled. If a soldier is KIA, he cannot return fire and render aid to casualties. If he becomes a casualty himself, then he endangers the lives of those soldiers that may attempt to render aid to him. The first thing that is taught is the seek immediate cover and concealment. Second is to locate the enemy, and then return fire. In the absence of a weapon, the latter maneuver cannot be performed, so the soldier stands fast because he knows help is on the way.

Please do not try to make a conspiracy out of this. I served, and I know full well what the training dictates. I also know what it feels like to be pinned down by fire. These troops kept their cool, and responded accordingly. They do not need, nor deserve this. It was a islamic terrorist attack...transmission ends.
  11. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Great post Guy.
    My thoughts to the families involved.:(
  12. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

Still seems slightly off kilter to me. Someone somehow dropped the ball on this guy!:(
  13. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

My first thoughts are that he should have been declared a Conscientious Objector or somesuch and relegated to a desk job. Thing is, that's pretty much what he was!
    My next thought is, why was he even in the U.S. military in the first place? I know people who would love to be in service but can't due to minor criminal offences like DUI's, but this nutjob can be an officer in charge of EVALUATING OUR TROOPS when he's the one needing a psych eval? WTF?
  14. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

The story is full of holes because they don't know the whole story. If anyone bothered to pay attention you would have heard them specifically state that they don't know the whole story.......

What can we expect? They are told to answer reporters questions.....Give them a break..
  15. Artemus

Artemus New Member

Paranoia will destroy ya.