The Firearms Forum banner

Full auto becomes legal

8K views 46 replies 34 participants last post by  raven818 
#1 ·
A friend asked me today if I wanted a full auto rifle, if I had the money. That got me to thinking, say our govt. woke up, read the Constitution, and realized that they are, indeed, bound by it.

Furthermore, they repealed all the intrusive gun laws, and fully automatic weapons were the same price as single shot.

Would I want one? With the price of ammo these days?

My answer, hell yes! I want a triple burst H & K MP5 so bad I can taste it. Yuck! Gun oil!

How about you all?

#34 ·
Many many years ago, I had occasion to carry and use a M-2 carbine. Full auto made it climb for high altitude, so it was necessary to apply stong pressure down on the upper hand guard during full auto firing. Long range ccuracy was poor after all it was no more that a pistol cartridge. It had no permanent knock down power beyond 200 yards. Still it was fun to shoot and had it's uses for night work. I used 30 rd. banana magazines taped together.

#35 ·
I'd love to have my old M60E3 back from my Army days...loved that Pig :)

My response to firing one for the first time on the range was pretty much the same as
R. Lee Ermey's..."I need a cigarette, and I don't even smoke..."

Reactions: raven818
#40 ·
I'm a pretty angry and stressed person... so hell yes I'll take 2 and a ammo can. Would be great for when your having one of those bad days and everything seems to be against you. Just go dump a mag or 2, yeah that'd work.

Wonder if I can write one off on my taxes as "stress reduction therapy"

Reactions: Guts3d
#45 ·
If FA became legal without going through the hoops, including having new-production guns made legal....
No, not for me personally. The ammo cost alone would break me. I prefer to take my time shooting. I don't even do rapid fire with my semi-auto .22 rifles. A nice single shot thrills me more than any full auto.
But I would absolutely stand by anyone else's right to own one if they wished. NFA should be abolished!!

Reactions: raven818
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.