FULL AUTO for all of us

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by 300 H&H, May 6, 2007.

1. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

A couple of years ago my brother and I each bought a russian bb gun, CO2 powered called a Drozd. Maybe we were reliving our child hood bb gun fights in our parents barn or something..... Anyway What a hoot as they are bb submachine guns. Got a neighbors dog that keeps pooping in your yard... he won't come back! They resemble an uzi in profile, but are bright yellow and black. They operate not only on Co2 but require 6 AA batteries to power the solinoid stiker to strike a pin valve to fire a shot. They operate in semi auto, thee shot burst, and six shot bursts. The cycle rate is also adjustable from 300 to 600 per minute. They have a rifled barrel, and steel bb's are just small enough to not engage it, but they are suprizingly accurate with steel. Gamo sells lead bb's that will engage and they have better accuracy, and do not richochet like the steel ones do. They are a lot of fun and do not have much practical use, although they will kill a sparrow, rabbits I think are pretty safe. Accurate enough to saw a pop can in two! My brother lives in a city and he has a "range" he set up in his basement and shoots his with regularity. Anyway as my state does not allow private ownership of the "real" thing they have a lot of appeal. Kids just love them!! just make sure they do not do anything they should not with one! My friend, a lawyer, watched his 12 year old have a riot with mine and in a private moment asked "are you sure these are legal?"!!!! FYI Kirk
  2. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan New Member

BB guns are generally considered "Non Guns", even the auto ones, but you can get into real trouble if you hurt someone with it.
  3. board917

board917 New Member

most CO2 powered pistols only do between 300 and 450 FPS. About the same as a paintball gun, ive go a fully auto PB gun which has the same electronic trigger system as u r talking about. But paintballs are alot more expensive than BBs but at the same time i can get my 20oz CO2 tank filled for less than u gan get a 5pack of the 16gram cartrages.
  4. Enzo_Guy

Enzo_Guy New Member

I play airsoft, which is pretty much paintball with battery-powered full-auto assault rifles and submachineguns. I use a Tokyo Marui Thompson M1A1 and I have to say that it is one of the most fun things. A lot of paintball fields are now sponsoring airsoft events where owners of these rifles come out and shoot each other to their hearts' content, following strict rules and safety codes of course. I used to play paintball, but airsoft just feels so much more like the real thing that it's so much more fun. Never in paintball could I have a full metal Thompson with magazines, paintball guns all pretty much look alike and use hoppers. Airsoft guns are also much cheaper, using BBs and batteries instead of paintballs and CO2.
  5. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

enzo, what kind of protective gear is required to plaY/ will they hit hard enough to cause injury, in places other the the Kirk
  6. ehughes

ehughes New Member

300-yes, at least some will, wear safety glasses and a thick hoodie and you sdhould be fine, ive got dual 1911's and an mp-40, i love the 1911s and the 40 stays slung on my shoulder 80% of the time
  7. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I bought my kids airsoft BB guns with rechargeable batteries. They and great fun for young and old alike shooting both single and full auto. I even set then little mini tactical problems in the garden.

But you know what's best of all? looking at the faces of my anti gun in laws when their kids visit and cant put them down! :)
  8. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

;)
  9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

You'll put your eye out with that thing!!"