Full Auto M1A?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CreightonE, Nov 29, 2008.

1. CreightonE

CreightonE New Member

Hi,

I am trying to figure out all I can about this weapon before I sell it.

My understanding is that it is a full auto M1A and there is ATF paperwork for it.

Attached are 4 photos.

However, my research shows that there are no full auto M1As. Looking at the weapon, it reminds me of the M-14s I used when I was in the navy, but they were semi-autos.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. artabr

artabr New Member

It looks like a M1A that someone converted to full auto. There were some M-14's that were full auto. Please be aware that this gun is worth thousands of dollars. True M-14's sell for about $15,000 or more.

I would talk to a Class III dealer about this as this would be a Class III sale.

Someone in the "NFA Fireams & Related Items" part of our forum might be able to help you out.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Art
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  3. Danny

Danny Member

While my time in the Great US Army, during the good years of 67-70 all the M-14s were select fire. There was a special tool the fitted the screw that is flush on the right side that has 2 small holes in it seperated.Fired a many round with full auto but it would try to stand up on you if you did not put your weight to the front hand guard.When they issued that piece of crap M-16 I asked the Col if I could keep my M-14. Most went to the South VN and now are in Communist hands.
    Got a letter the other day were the government is going to sell these to us instead of the iron furnace.The M-14 is almost identical to the Garand, just a few mods that came about in 1958.The reduction of some of the stock,a 18 rd mag and the select fire. In my book the best two rifles ever made for combat.I had just wished they had issued hollow points instead of hard ball.
    But then we have Nato to thank for that as we thank them for taking the 45acp.If you do not have the device to make it fully auto or it has be welded or disabled you would not need a class three dealer.
    Regards
    Danny