Fun day out shooting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Albtraum, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Albtraum

Albtraum Active Member

Instead of going to the range, my dad and I went to this area off the highway towards the desert. When we got there, there were 2 cars with a few people, when we left, there were about 7 cars and entire families. Some younger guys, (about my age, I'd say they were between 19-22) pulled up next to us blasting away. Didn't even set up targets, just rapid firing shotguns at all the leftover things people leave behind there. Then, one of the dudes puts two shotguns to his shoulders, firing both at the same time. :rolleyes:

I got my Marlin 60 sighted in finally and setup up two spinner targets and my dad and I had a lot of fun with that. (He had his Browning Medalist .22 pistol) Although it wasn't much fun shooting a scoped .22 rifle off-hand. My dad brought out the Rem 700 .270 to see if it was sighted in. (Hasn't been out of the safe in years) I forgot how much recoil that thing has. :bleh: but we're gonna have to go to the range, cause we really need a stable table to sit down at with sandbags.
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun. You make me jealous as it was a cold day with drizzle and few snow flakes around here. Not my kind of day to go shoot.
  3. Double Deuce

Double Deuce New Member

I always like heading to the mountains to shoot, the ranges are nice but its alot more fun just out in the open.
  4. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Any day at the range is a good day!
    Was out on Sunday testing some of my loads in my new Hi-Point 995TS 9mm carbine. Functioned like a charm and that is going to be a fun little gun to shoot.

Too bad it was about 15 degrees out or I would have spent some more time heating up the air :)
  5. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

I live on my range! I step out my front door and can start blasting away at targets 250 yards away. All from the comfort of my porch
  6. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

Sounds like a fun day, but I would have kepy my distance from those folks;)
  7. FishGuy

FishGuy New Member

Someday I hope to be as lucky as you
  8. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

Yup, you need to watch out for the idiots who are out with borrowed weapons and no idea what safe shooting is. I see alot of them out here who think this is a dump where you go make a mess then leave it for us to have next time out. The dorks dont get it that mommy doesnt come behind em to clean up. My 14 yr old grandson knows better and cant understand how they can ruin it for the rest of us.