Funny question.

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by kikr, Jun 28, 2006.

1. kikr

kikr New Member

No Laughing. I was talking to my fiancée about concealed carry, (I’m trying to convince her to take the course), she started talking about clothing and I thought she was trying to change the subject. As it turns out she ended up teaching me some stuff, go figure. She was talking about how clothing alters apperance like vertical stripes make a person appear taller, horizontal stripes make a person appear heavier, pleated pants hide stomach bulges etc. My question is, Does anyone know of any reference material covering this material.? I think it would be great to apply to concealed carry. All my internet searches have led to vests, jackets and fanny packs, and haven’t found anything of value at the local library. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

Your girl friend is dead on. What you wear and how you wear it is 75% of the battle.

When I was teaching the Observation & Perception class to the my Dept.s academy, I would wear a pair of navy blue (read that dark) pleated slacks and a plaid sport shirt. In that getup I had 9 or 10 firearms and at least that many edge weapons. I've only had 1 weapon spoted, and that was by a female. The firearms were, gp100 3", GP100 4", 2 Glock 19, Glock 26, S&W940, Jenning 22, Kel-tec 32, Hi-Standard derringer, NAA 22.

Dark clothing conceals better than light. Stripes and plaids break up bulges better than solid colors. Use your body size and shape to your advantage. Also remember that 98% of the people are not looking for bulges.

There are 2 ways to carry concealed.

1 My weapon is concealed, but everybody in the know, knows that I'm carrying.
    2 My weapon is concealed, and only I know it.

If you are serious about carrying concealed, something has to change. Either you need looser clothing or smaller weapon. You can't wear tight jeans and a form fitting polo shirt and expect to conceal a full size pistol, without some sort of over garment.

Dress to fit the situation. Blend in. Don't wear sport coat and slacks to a farm fest, or overalls to the symphony.
  3. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Good info, Wolfgang.
    So kikr... got you & your lady signed up for CCW class? Then she go shopping for more outfits & accessories... A holster in every color, please! :D
  4. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Wolfgang, your story of carrying several weapons reminded me of the following video:

Weapon Concealment
  5. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Amazing what one can conceal.....
  6. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

Cool video. The shotgun was a good touch. :eek: