1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

FYI Books or info and links

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Rons Toys
    (3/28/01 2:34:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All FYI Books or info and links
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't how I ever ran across this but it is very good.
    home page:
    www.military-info.com/Index.htm
    Links
    www.military-info.com/links.htm

Ron

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (3/29/01 10:01:41 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: FYI Books or info and links
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great post, Ron! Thanks.

Hope you'll be a regular here.

Mike

Rons Toys
    (3/29/01 11:13:33 am)
    What you mean here, in this forum or BB?
    Been on this board a few months now.
    Ron

Tac401
    Administrator
    (3/29/01 11:18:01 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: FYI Books or info and links
    Yes Ron will be one of a few hosts that will join you
    in here, I just haven't typed it in yet.

Tac
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

polishshooter
    (3/29/01 11:22:31 am)
    I meant this forum, it's new! I know you are a "plankholder" on the board.

I need all the help I can get, TAC listed me as the only host so far, I guess I'm asking for help!

I won't be around all the time, and I want it to be a favorite stop. Many shooters are history buffs and vice-versa. Maybe we can bring them together!

Edited by: polishshooter at: 3/29/01 11:24:50 am

Rons Toys
    (3/29/01 12:01:17 pm)
    Naw, I ain't worried, someone else said something about these BB been very new, well they have been around for a while, just a little laid back..LOL
    Hey, PS, your the guy with the '97 shotgun right? See where Norinco has come out with a new 97 Hammer Pump copy?
    Ron

polishshooter
    (3/29/01 12:14:43 pm)
    Yeah, Ron just saw one in SGN. You know, shooting condition REAL '97s aren't that expensive, they never took off like Model 12s in price, and with parts still available from alot of places, I guess I wonder "What's the Point?" With REAL ones only between $300-$400 if not collectors, Norincos better not be too expensive.

I think if I ever get into Cowboy Action Shooting (I've been tempted...) I would be ashamed to go with a CHINESE 1897...but then again I shoot a Spanish/Italian 1860 Army SOoooo....maybe there IS a market! How much do they cost, I guess that's the real question. AND if they have a disconnector. I REALLY enjoy not having one, but it might be unsafe for someone unfamiliar with them.

Except for the lack of a real safety and liability concerns, I wonder why USRA hasn't started production again? I'd think they'd sell.

I'll wait to get one until they make a take-down. (I wonder if parts interchange? THAT might be a good thing.)