G-Code Comfort Carry IWB

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Vladimir, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

http://www.gunnersalley.com/product/GCODEIWB/GCODE_Comfort_Carry_IWB.html

Anyone had any experience with this IWB holster? I am debating probably between this and the Comp-Tac Spartan but think this G-Code looks more comfortable. But I haven't really heard anything about it, and it seems tons of people have the Comp-Tac's. I know that probably means the Comp-Tacs are great but like I said the G-Code looks awfully comfy so just wanna know if anyone has used/heard from someone who has used it.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm sorry I'm sure this belongs in the concealed forum but this will get more traffic I think and I want to buy ASAP since I should be getting my permit here in a week or two.

EDIT: Okay someone already moved it here =(
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

As a general rule, IWB holsters are uncomfortable if you have an "innertube" around your waist. www.wilsoncombat.com makes a comfortable IWB holster. Check them out along with lots of others before you buy.
  3. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

The Lo-Profile Quick Detach one looks pretty comfy, but the thing that worries me most about my size is not really comfort but the quality/stability. I would worry about those snaps being undone easily, and with some of the ones that use the plastic/kydex/whatever clips that go over the belt- I would worry about those breaking after time.

The G-Code looks to have pretty secure snaps- but on top of that being nylon I could easily stitch (read: my mom could easily stitch) some velcro on there.

I was worried IWB was going to be real uncomfortable as I am certainly in the "big" category, but I've carried through the house just tucked in the belt in the same place and it doesn't seem to be nearly as bad as I thought.

EDIT: Another determining factor is, which I knew would be a potential issue, holsters can be tougher to find for the USP Compact.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I use the Lo-Profile for my daily carry and it's the most comfortable holster I've ever worn. But, I don't use the quick detach model. Just make sure you purchase a good gunbelt for a stable platform. And don't forget a mag holder. You may want to shoot a few IDPA matches at some point so make sure whatever holster you buy is IDPA approved. Lots of fun.

For a custom made holster, check out the line by KL Null. www.klnullholsters.com A bit more expensive but worth it.

Just don't fall into the trap like most of us and have a box of holsters you won't or can't wear.:)

Shop carefully.

Looks like Wilson no longer makes holsters for anything but 1911's and Glock. Sorry.
  5. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Thats one of the few (if not only) perk of the USP being harder to find holsters for... holsters seem to last about 24 hours on HK forums before they are sold :D

I figure I will be less careful for these "cheapos", I have no problem laying down big bucks for a comfortable holster- but I want to find a design and cant and whatnot that is comfortable before I take that risk. I fully intend to go through a few of these $50 ones, hopefully the first I buy is great and lasts forever... but if they are just a stepping stone to finding my perfect holster so be it.

Unless anyone says anything different I will probably order one of the G-Codes soon.
  6. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

Vladimir;

I have carried IWB primarily now for many years and as a result have carried a great many holsters to find one that fits well, is comfortable and lasts for a long time. I have tried leather as well as kydex and with the extreme heat I have here in Phx I have settled for the kydex all year.
    Look at the pic of my carry guns and the holsters and the one at the right is a "double loop" kydex made by Predator. It looks very similar to the double snap of the rig your talking about. Over all the years and rigs that I have tried this one has been absolutely the best and has lasted the longest and been absolutely the most comfortable for me of any that I have owned.
    The attach unit of the one you show is actually quite long so it would have to be very flexible or it would seem to me to be prone to stretching your pants and perhaps not be too comfortable.
    Mine is only 4.5" between the loops but it is very comfortable and does not stretch or in any way feel unusual.

One thing to consider when choosing ANY kydex is their return or guarantee as they will break in time exactly where you mentioned. Especially if they have to clip on type of loops or attach points over the belt. It seems to be the weakest link for this type holster so be sure they will replace it if it breaks.
    Predator doesn't even question, they just give a new one. BUT I cannot find them now as since he left the Phoenix area for someplace in Idaho, I have lost track of them.

My point is that the holster I have looks very similar to the one on the site you gave with the attach equipment. Therefore it would seem that the one you are talking about may be equally as comfortable. If it will last or if they have a good guarantee, then I would try it. In fact I am thinking about trying one as I want a backup for my Predator.

If you get one, let us know how you like it and how it feels when you have hd it on for a while.

Thanks UF
    [​IMG]