G Gamba Shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 4, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Kansas
    (2/4/03 2:27:04 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Italian G. Gamba Over/Under info
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello
    I've had this shotgun since the early 70's (and hunted with it a lot) but never knew anything about it.The engraving is very detailed, it's a 12 Ga with 28 in barrels. I am hoping you can help me learn a little more about it.
    On top of the vent rib it just says ROYAL. On the side of the barrels it reads "Canne Internam te" and below "Made in Italy". behind that it reads " G.Gamba-Gardone VT" and right below "Original Boehler".
    Gardone I beleive is the city and Boehler is the German steel used. The serial # is in the 15000 range.
    I would be very curious to know the age and possibly some history.
    Thanks so much in advance.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/4/03 6:10:39 am)
    Reply | Edit | De
    Re: Italian G. Gamba Over/Under info
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your shotgun dates from the early to mid-1960's. G Gamba sold out to his brother (Renato Gamba) in 1967. Although your G Gamba shotgun is very well made, it does not have the value of the later Renato Gamba shotguns.

Even so, depending on configuration and condition it could easily be worth $2000 or more. You should have a hands-on evaluation by someone familiar with the trademark.