G.R. LSA Co., 1916 SHT LE 111

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by STEVE H, Aug 19, 2008.

1. STEVE H

STEVE H New Member

I'm not sure about the letters on this rifle because some of them are hard to read, but I think it's G.R. LSA Co., 1916 SHT LE 111. Looking for the value. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

enfield british 303 in the condition shown in this picture anywhere between 125 and 200, 200 being very extreme would have to check the bore and the action. 303 like most military rounds was/is highly corrosive
  3. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

If it adds any interest to your rifle, GR is George Rex, King George V. LSA is London Small Arms Company. Short Magazine Lee Enfield Mk 3 made in, not surprisingly 1916. :)

Actually a nice WW1 British rifle that looks like it still has it's magazine cut off.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2008
  4. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

Mr. TranterUK that is some interesting info. i was racking my brain trying to think LSA what the hell is that ??? some how i was thinking Longbranch ? was there a arms company or location such as that ? i think the Aussies had a factory as well as the Canadians ? also do you know if any company in the United States made them other than Savage. and i do know some were made in India, I have one that was converted to 308.
  5. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Just Tranter will do,

The Longbranch factory was in Canada. Your right about India, that would be the Ishapore factory, there is also the Lithgow factory in Australia.

I didn't know any SMLEs were made in the US, though the later No.4s were by Savage.

I am no Lee Enfield expert, if anyone knows more, come on in.
  6. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

i have a savage made enfield marked us property i assumed it was made in the usa ? and you're correct it's a no4 mk 2
  7. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Yes oscarmayer, yours would be made in the USA for the British and Commonwealth forces on the Lend Lease program during WW2 I believe. Other guns produced for us stateside include the Smith and Wesson .38 Victory revolvers. Also marked US Property on the top straps.

In the UK your rifle would sell for about £250.00, which is about $450.00 I think.
  8. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

here that would be the upper limits of it value and for that money it would have to be almost mint. here they go for 325 to 375 usd in great condition. i bought mine new unissued in mummy wrap, for 240 about 7 yrs ago. story was told to me it was bought up as a large surplus lot from ireland ? and i was at the time a ffl ( dealer) so i was able to get it at cost.