1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Galesi - Brescia Cal. 635

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by BignSmall, Oct 10, 2010.

1. BignSmall

BignSmall New Member

I would like to know about this pistol. What ammo can I use? How much is it worth? The only info on pistol is serial #4286XX, and XXII on right side by trigger. It is made in Italy. Galesi - Brescia Cal. 635 001.jpg

Galesi - Brescia Cal. 635 002.jpg
  2. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Galesi.25. Cal. .25 auto/acp/6.35mm.
    Value $150
  3. Laserlips

Laserlips New Member

Well, well, shades of times long past...

I bought one nib just like it in Dublin, Ga. in the summer of 1966, for $35.00.

Mine never met a full magazine it liked, and here we are 44 years later, I still own it, and it STILL won't shoot a full magazine without a burp of some kind.

But, perhaps I just got the bad one.. ;)

I think any quality brand of 25acp ammo will work just fine in the old Galesi, I would suggest fmj's, easily found at Wally World or your local gun shop.

Good luck to ya..

Best Wishes,

Jesse

[​IMG]
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The store I worked for sold a ton of those in the early 1960's. Most worked, but unfortunately, Jesse's experience was not uncommon. Anyone planning to use a Galesi for serious purposes should see if it will fire 200 rounds without a failure before counting on it.

Jim
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I love the ''pistol toters'' license. Shades of the past are cool to see again.
  6. annlayc

annlayc New Member

I have almost the exact same gun. XIX, Soc.It.F.lli Galesi-Brescia-Cal.6.35. Anybody know where i can find a reasonably priced magazine at?
  7. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

I've been collecting these little autos for many years including the Berettas, Bernadellis, etc., and I think you will find a gold plated example in nice shape worth at least $225. Some of the factory engraved models have reached and even exceeded $500 in recent years. For anyone interested, I can supply a factory original box for the Galesi. My e-mail:
    neveragain18@sbcglobal.net
  8. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Reasonably priced?, therein lies the problem, what is reasonably to you , that is the unknown factor.?? I hit google and there's a number of them listed? I would think if they have it and you want it , then that is a reasonable price. The gun has been out of production for 50 years.:)