Galesi - Brescia Cal. 635

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by BignSmall, Oct 10, 2010.

1. BignSmall

BignSmall New Member

I would like to know about this pistol. What ammo can I use? How much is it worth? The only info on pistol is serial #4286XX, and XXII on right side by trigger. It is made in Italy. Galesi - Brescia Cal. 635 001.jpg

Galesi - Brescia Cal. 635 002.jpg
  2. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Galesi.25. Cal. .25 auto/acp/6.35mm.
    Value $150
  3. Laserlips

Laserlips New Member

Well, well, shades of times long past...

I bought one nib just like it in Dublin, Ga. in the summer of 1966, for $35.00.

Mine never met a full magazine it liked, and here we are 44 years later, I still own it, and it STILL won't shoot a full magazine without a burp of some kind.

But, perhaps I just got the bad one.. ;)

I think any quality brand of 25acp ammo will work just fine in the old Galesi, I would suggest fmj's, easily found at Wally World or your local gun shop.

Good luck to ya..

Best Wishes,

Jesse

[​IMG]
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The store I worked for sold a ton of those in the early 1960's. Most worked, but unfortunately, Jesse's experience was not uncommon. Anyone planning to use a Galesi for serious purposes should see if it will fire 200 rounds without a failure before counting on it.

Jim
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I love the ''pistol toters'' license. Shades of the past are cool to see again.
  6. annlayc

annlayc New Member

I have almost the exact same gun. XIX, Soc.It.F.lli Galesi-Brescia-Cal.6.35. Anybody know where i can find a reasonably priced magazine at?
  7. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

I've been collecting these little autos for many years including the Berettas, Bernadellis, etc., and I think you will find a gold plated example in nice shape worth at least $225. Some of the factory engraved models have reached and even exceeded $500 in recent years. For anyone interested, I can supply a factory original box for the Galesi. My e-mail:
    neveragain18@sbcglobal.net
  8. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Reasonably priced?, therein lies the problem, what is reasonably to you , that is the unknown factor.?? I hit google and there's a number of them listed? I would think if they have it and you want it , then that is a reasonable price. The gun has been out of production for 50 years.:)