Gamble Stores Inc. Pioneer Model 25

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by have2rotties, Jun 17, 2006.

1. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Hello,
    I just picked up a Gamble Stores Inc. - Pioneer - Model 25. It was with a bunch of rifles I bought from a lady who's husband had just passed. Looks to be a single shot .22 bolt action. Manufactuer looks to be Gamble Stores Incorperated. I personally have never heard of them and couldn't find any info from gunbroker or a google search.
    Anybody have any info?
    Thanks,
    -J-
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

4. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Thanks for the info. I'll get some pic up on here of the rifle and stampings. I did find a pic of another rifle from about that same time frame that used the Pioneer name that was made by H&R. Looks almost identical to it. I'm just trying to see if this thing has any value at all to justify trying to do anything with it.

Thanks,
    -J-
  5. Xracer

6. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Thanks again for the info, after further research it looks like it is a Savage model 15 renamed by Gamble Stores. Not a real big ticket item but it is kinda cool so I am going to do a refinish on the stock, make sure the action is safe and save it for when the kids get a couple years older. A short stock single shot .22lr is a great starter gun.

-J-
  7. Xracer

Hey H2R.....that's a great little plinker! The Model 15 was sold under the Savage, Stevens, and Springfield tradenames, and was my first rifle......given to me by my parents for Christmas 1948 (when I was 13 years old). My youngest son (now in his 40's) still has it! :D

BTW, if you need any parts for it, GunPartsCorp has 'em:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=089Zz15