1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Gamble Stores Inc. Pioneer Model 25

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by have2rotties, Jun 17, 2006.

1. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Hello,
    I just picked up a Gamble Stores Inc. - Pioneer - Model 25. It was with a bunch of rifles I bought from a lady who's husband had just passed. Looks to be a single shot .22 bolt action. Manufactuer looks to be Gamble Stores Incorperated. I personally have never heard of them and couldn't find any info from gunbroker or a google search.
    Anybody have any info?
    Thanks,
    -J-
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

4. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Thanks for the info. I'll get some pic up on here of the rifle and stampings. I did find a pic of another rifle from about that same time frame that used the Pioneer name that was made by H&R. Looks almost identical to it. I'm just trying to see if this thing has any value at all to justify trying to do anything with it.

Thanks,
    -J-
  5. Xracer

6. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Thanks again for the info, after further research it looks like it is a Savage model 15 renamed by Gamble Stores. Not a real big ticket item but it is kinda cool so I am going to do a refinish on the stock, make sure the action is safe and save it for when the kids get a couple years older. A short stock single shot .22lr is a great starter gun.

-J-
  7. Xracer

Hey H2R.....that's a great little plinker! The Model 15 was sold under the Savage, Stevens, and Springfield tradenames, and was my first rifle......given to me by my parents for Christmas 1948 (when I was 13 years old). My youngest son (now in his 40's) still has it! :D

BTW, if you need any parts for it, GunPartsCorp has 'em:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=089Zz15