Game cam pics.

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by JLA, Oct 24, 2011.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

They are moving into their morning/evening habits that make hunting successful. Still a little late/early but they are getting there. We just need another good cold front or 2.

Got a nice big hog caught on camera too.

Attached Files:

2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

the 4 above and the first one here are all from Becks feeder near the dump. The last few are off my feeder near the hay fields and the pond.

Attached Files:

3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I flat forgot the clip off the limbs in front of the cams. The ones at mine are minimal and dont effect the cam, but Becks had 1600 pics on it and 1593 of them were of limbs blowing in the wind...:mad:
  4. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Active Member

The lease is lookin better all the time! Thanks for the pics, the hog looks good! :D
  5. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Good pictures Josh, the deer look in remarkably good condition considering the summer they have gone through. Good luck putting some meat in the cooler. Be sure and get a picture of the hog/hogs you get. I have not seen any hogs in the wild since I left Louisiana twenty years ago.
  6. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

Great pictures, Looks like you also have a great place to hunt.
  7. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

JLA, I like the picts too. It gets me to thinking about setting my cam up. I haven't had my cam set up for past couple months but getting ready for the wolves to show up. I had wolves in my garbage cans last November but soon as I moved things around and set up game camera, they got scarce on me. They always come in at 3 am anyway, so I'm zonkin away in the bed.

I dug a grave size hole down 5 feet in the gravel about 150 yards from back door yet within sight of the house; covered with ply board. Have around 20 buckets of caribou, moose, salmon scraps that I could have used for the dogs but prefer to have around come nx Spring for bear stand. Don't you ever believe that bear prefer veggies over rotten meat; though they like Mir Whip & pop corn too. Anyway, I plan to set up cam when the first pack shows up as they'll find my cache and be digging away at the froze ground for hours, ha. I expect to get some wolf picts sooner or later.
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

nice shots Josh
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Yeah im gonna head out the weekend of nov 12/13. Found the perfect place to set my pop up. If the hogs wont gimme an opportunity ill just have to invite charles back up and have him bring his NV. Then we go after em at night.

Only problem is convincing the game warden we were trying to hunt hogs instead of deer after dark.. ;)
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

that hog is a decent size compared to the deer , theres a heap of salami in him just waitin for a chance to be turned into choice cuts
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Yeah Jack. Im figuring hes a good 250+. The feeder motor right at the top of my head and Im 6' even. Which makes that porker about mid thigh to me. The wife and I used to raise pigs in HS FFA and we had a sow yorkie sell at auction that was right at my knee and weighed 220 pounds.
  12. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

keep the pics coming, especially the ones where you are holding the rack in your hands.
    :)
  13. H-D

H-D Active Member

DANG!!! Take that Hawg and them deer and get some sausage made!
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thats exactly my plan HD. I butcher my own, and a 50/50 sausage is the best. Gotta grab me a new meat grinder tho.
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Got a few more today. Changed out SD cards again. Remembered to cut the weeds this time. My cam at the pond was turned off. guess I inadvertently turned it off last time i swapped the cards. but becks cam got a few more good pics.

OH YEAH! And take a gander at this monster venison print!

Attached Files:

16. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

that a blue kelpie ?

whats a aussie dawg doin there ??
  17. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

It rained that mornin. Im fairly certain is a wet and muddy coyote
  18. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

CHOOTEM, CHOOTEM all...............

Those are some nice pics.
  19. Chinook

Chinook New Member

Aw man! I dunno how I missed this thread before!? Those do look like tasty mammals on the lease! That hog sure does look like a giant link! MMMMMM!

Too bad the hog, and that giant backstrap cant magically grind themselves up, stuff eachother, and fashion legs to walk about the land. Id shoot a HogDeer sausage that walks! Hahahaha!

Lease is lookin awesome man!
  20. ka64

ka64 Active Member

SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!