Games for the BBQ in MO

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

shooter22
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/10/01 9:33:21 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Games for the BBQ in MO
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know that I have asked this in the past, but I am getting things finalized for the big time party in Aug. I am asking all that are comming to watch and see if we can find the stuff to have some competitions at the BBQ.

I would like to pick all the knowledge on this board for ideas for games or competitions. For: Pistol, rifle, shotgun.

Any and all ideas will be considered. We will have to have something other than what I know. All I do is shoot a hole where the X was. We don't want to be that boring.

SHOOTER22

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (7/10/01 9:41:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Games for the BBQ in MO
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    shooter - never played any games with guns before - just shot at the black dot in the distance.

Whatever works for everyone is fine by me - I can bring the paper targets - they'll fit in my suitcase.

Chief 101
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/10/01 10:54:28 pm)
    Clay pigons hanging by a piece of fishing line is alot of fun, it's easy to see a hit at any distance.

Have also done the same thing with rifles at short, medium and long distance, again, i hit cant go unnoticed.

Tapeing a target inside of an old tire and giving it a mighty push is also of fun for hitting a moving target.....A screwgun can be a better way of making them stay put.........

Dont forget to be safe doing these things!!!!!!!!!

Steve

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/11/01 8:19:08 am)
    there's also the swinging bottle or clay bird at 25 yds (you get extra points for shooting the string)
    what about the broken glass and clay birds etc?

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (7/11/01 10:42:14 am)
    Place an egg at the longest distance and fire away. This can be done with rifle and pistol. Move the egg closer for shotgun.
    Also, action pistol and rifle matches are fun.

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/12/01 1:58:57 pm)
    for 22's there's using pencils or 1/4" dowel rods stick 'em in a block of styrofoam and try to cut them down for larger calibers use 1/2" dowel

another possibility is placing a large flat washer in front of the target, bullet has to pass through hole in washer to get to bullseye

Different name
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/14/01 3:25:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Games for the BBQ in MO
    Here come the black guys, standing tall with rings on their bodys from head to toe. Arabic letters AS PLAIN AS DAY.
    I'm bringin full size/military Black on white 6' tall, 18 1/2" wide,
    Targets, International, Silhouette.
    (*U.S. GPO: 1987-743-765/766)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    They walk, they talk, and they crawl on their belly like a reptile.
    Rock as bad as Pelicans wood boat!
    When they hear "Maggies Drawers!" .....They go instantly into the damdest "Tango" you've ever laid your eyes on. Almost down right stonecold if ya know what I mean.
    Been known to talk back at rapid fire weapons more than once that I know of.
    Can't hardly stand short range 22s, make em itch a lot.

Charlie D
    ------------------------
    OH, these fellers bein official military targets don't partake "Bob's Best" on tha firin line. CEASE FIRE!

FBI Type hardware makes a bad impression on them, no survivors....
    Of course, some targets wear ear muffs...don't like ta hear it commin!

shooter22
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/17/01 12:09:03 am)
    Great ideas guys, keep them coming!
    http://www.duhspot.com/users/smiley/s/contrib/blackeye/snipersmilie.gif

SHOOTER22

Xracer
    (7/17/01 8:35:36 am)
    Maybe you could invite GB Admin for a little Russian roulette?

shooter22
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/18/01 3:59:47 pm)
    Oh, they are invited....... as target holders,clay pigeon catchers, or ballistic jellatin.

SHOOTER22

varmit hunter
    (7/23/01 9:04:01 pm)
    Hang a brick with fishing line.then try to shoot in half.depending on range,can be fun with any gun.

Investig8tor
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/29/01 12:37:48 pm)
    A fun game is poker - staple up some playing cards and shoot for the best hand.
    Staple some cards so you cannot see them as draw cards.
    Side bets optional.

Xracer
    (7/29/01 7:17:48 pm)
    How about bowling pins?

You'll need two sawhorses, a 4x8x1/2 sheet of plywood, 5 old bowling pins, a level, a tape measure and a stopwatch.

homer46
    (4/6/02 6:16:46 pm)
    Just found this board and would like to know more about this BBQ and Fun shoot. I Live in Mo and have a buch of 22's I love to shoot. I can't hit anything, but I have a great time trying!

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/6/02 7:30:25 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Games for the BBQ in MO
    homer46 - that was last year and it was a blast.

This year it's in Texas - go to the General board and check there. Ask questions and I'm sure there will be a response.

I won't be able to go to this one like last years and I'm already bummed.