Gang defense and tactics

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by wpage, Apr 27, 2010.

1. wpage

wpage New Member

Chicago has asked the national guard for help with gangs...
    Seems hard to believe that it could come to that in certain city's. Makes me wonder best practice for my family and home if gangs infected my hood.
    Check list would include Home security items like...
    -Better lighting
    -Upgrade locks
    -Security Alarm systems
    -12 ga pump with slug type barrel + 00 or 000 buckshot
    -Pistol
    -Tactical Light with a high illuminating intermittent flash capability
    In addition to this would be a family plan where all family members would periodically meet to discuss the problem and solutions to keep the situation current and adaptable.
    What would you do if it was in your area. If you are effected what is happening at your house?:confused:
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I live way out in the country, and have already done all the things you mentioned, plus 3 big dogs. I do not live in a high crime area, and I intend to keep it that way!:D
  3. Charles Butler

Charles Butler New Member

Ya I would like to move out to some small town with nothing but good ole people, where I can leave my truck unlocked and guns in the rack
  4. Just One Shot

Just One Shot New Member

Son at the back window with his AR-15 and his M&P .40 on his hip.

Me at the front window with my AR-15 and my M&P .40 on one hip and my XD .40 on the other.

My wife in the middle with my M&P 9mm on her hip while she moves for one side of the house to the other checking the windows and distributing the ammo to my son and I if need be.

:rolleyes:

:)
  5. sorral

sorral New Member

A good gun is the best defense when needed. Now if only Chicago would just let its citizens exercise their constitutional rights to defend themselves.
  6. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

I moved from the Chicago area 12 years ago. I'll move from here if I have to. Let the gangsta's kill each other!
  7. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Active Member

I say cordone off are Inner Cities with concertina barbed wire and give each male a bottle of whiskey and a gun with a bunch of ammo. It would be the Ultimate Cage Fight. Castrate the last man living as he must be so bad that we should close that gene donor forever.
  8. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I live 700' back off the road in the middle of 10 acres in a semi-rural setting. I could not live in a city.

If Chicago would allow it citizens to own firearms to defend themselves the problem may help to resolve itself.
  9. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Just started worrying about this last fall after a rash of home invasions in our neighborhood. The bad guys would knock on your door, if you didn’t answere they would kick in the door. If you did answer they would ask where someone lived and then leave. Then they started getting braver and just kicked in the door regardless if anyone was home or not.

I organized our neighbors; all 125 of them, and everyone had a description of the bad guys. Next time they hit our neighborhood they didn’t have a chance. I don’t think they even went up to a house yet and there was at least five different calls to the police. When the police arrived they caught them trying to kick in someone’s front door. Since then…

I started a block watch program, and we do some patrolling during the day, which is when most home invasions occur. Most of us have reinforced our doors with ArmarGuard, and some simply use those posts that stick under the doorknob. You can have the best lock in the world and it will be useless unless you reinforce the jamb. Make sure the screws are at least 3” long, and go all they way into the studs.

Many of use now have guns, and all of mine are loaded chambered and ready to fire. I have built secrete hidey-holes in ideal locations around the house so I have quick access to a gun no matter where I am. One revolver, one pistol and two different shot guns.

Contact your local police and start a block watch, if they don’t have such a program then start one anyway. A block watch is more about communicating with your neighbors, looking out for one another, and crime prevention. There is safety in numbers, and you would be surprised at what just a few people can do. Get e-mail addresses from your neighbors so you can communicate easily. If we see anything suspicious we send out BOLO alerts to the entire neighborhood so everyone can be on the look out.
  10. big steve

big steve New Member

Glad that you were able to come up with a plan and execute good luck and keep it going
  11. pops42

pops42 New Member

high up on the blue ridge mountains of Va.
    i aint no nut case but i live way up in the mountains, and i have been getting what i call my home planreadyfor years, there aint no crime way up here but if it ever does i would hate to be the ones trying to get in ,if they get passed our 2 pits and chow they would meet the other 18 members of my home defence with more than 300 rounds and shells,for all of them i can,t believe it when they talk about taking our right to have our guns. all i do hunt and shoot so i can go by what my dad told me and my brother alot of years ago, 1 shot 1 kill . it is the crimnels that make it hard on us honest folk,s to have are guns .they need to start getting rid of the ones in prison the old fashion way,s hang em or shot em instead of feeding them and houseing them for years and maybe thing,s would change in the inercities aint trying to ofend anybody just the way i feel about that. pops42
  12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

gangs huh ??

4-5 guys who know what they are doing

couple months training

a silenced MP each

a couple of cars stashed ready to go

3-4 weeks of ops and your gang problem would be solved... oh well

i'd love to be able to pull this off here with our jihadi situation
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  13. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Sorry but that place does not exist anymore. You may find a place that crime is very low and rarely violent but if you leave your guns in an unlocked vehicle some one is going to take them.
  14. jim brady

jim brady Active Member

Pretty easy to fix the problem in Chicago. 1.) Ensure every law abiding family is armed and able to protect themselves from outside thugs, 2.) Hold the families of gangsters accountable for the actions of their gang-banging offspring, 3.) Treat any gang or gang member found to be in possession of weapons or drugs as an enemy combatant encountered on a battlefield, 4.) Enforce a curfew on anyone under the age of 18 years of 10 PM to 6 AM. Again, hold the parent(s) accountable if Junior is caught breaking the curfew.

Seems people are producing 'litters' of gang-bangers. Hold them to account for the actions of their offspring. It doesn't take a 'Villiage' to raise a gangster - it only takes a couple of Idiots to produce one of those.

Not too likely to have 'Bangers invade my area - closest neighbor about a mile away. If they did infest our area, we shoot coyotes and other vermin and burry them on the prairie or hang their carcass on the barbed wire fence............ Don't think we'd hang 'Bangers carcasses on the fence line, though.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  15. Charles Butler

I agree with that if you kill someone you should be killed, not sit in prison for 25yrs or like some people go for 5yrs then get out on probation, and I'm talking about the killers who go up to someone and stab them to death or shoot em in a drive by those people knew exactly what they were doing
  16. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Man aint that the truth.
    I agree 100%.
  17. Charles Butler

But don't shoot em that's a waste of ammo, just hang em ropes cheap and reusable
  18. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Deport Daley and his inner circle and that cuts crime by 50%. Fire all the Chiefs and Captains that were looked upon favorably by the Daley administration and another 25% of the crime problem goes away. Fire all the police officers who were given high marks by those captains and let the rest of the police do their job and the problem dries up in 3 months or less. Any judge who puts a convicted violent felon back on the street in less that 30 years gets to take that felons place in a Max security prison as soon as that felon convicts another crime. They will be room mates till the end of time because their cell doors will be welded shot.

And you thought this was a hard problem to solve. :D
  19. pops42

pops42 New Member

high up on the blue ridge mountains of Va.
    yeah,but if it,s a violent crime or drug crime the people there will have to keep them up for years,that aint right if they are sentenced to life keep them in there long enough to carry out the sentence, i say a month at most not let them be fed 3 times a day, for years the quicker the cheaper it will be on us honest folk, and it will make the rest of them start to think if all there homies are executed right after they are sentenced. pops42
  20. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

A long time back California had a three strike rule. Three felonies and you got the gas chamber. To me that makes sense three crimes of violence and you have proven you have no redeeming qualities.