Gang defense and tactics

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by wpage, Apr 27, 2010.

1. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

LMAO!!!
  2. 60defense

60defense New Member

The U.S. declared war against foreign terrorists, is it too out of line to think that they should declare it against the domestic ones running through our streets and across our borders? Less trials more bullets and put the innocent first. JMO
  3. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

Due to the windows my house it is not that defensible. Even the walls won't stop much. I do have guns stationed around the house for easy pick-up and two dogs for an alarm system. And I also have an impractical wife who thinks self defense is silly and lives somewhere other than reality in her mind. So, we have been very lucky to date to not have any incidents.
    But, the drive by shootings are on the increase. That appears to be our major problem.
  4. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

I do think that a pump 12 gauge is a great item for self and home defense. But not the best in close quarters. So, a back-up would be called for.
  5. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

When in your car at red light, stay back at least one car length, always and everywhere. If you can see the side of your car in your door mirror, it's turned too close to the car. If someone jumps in front of your car with a gun, run over them.

Always park under a light when shopping at night. Back into a parking spot if available. When coming back to the car, if not armed, have longest key sticking out between your index finger and middle finger. Go for the eyes or the dimple at the bottom of the neck. Keep doors locked at all times.
  6. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Motion activated IR camera outside might help id the perp. It's like the type, deer hunters use.
  7. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

Several quick things- one, someone mentioned the judge in CA telling the jury to ignore the first two of the thug's 3-strikes- it's just like DC, Chicago, the Supreme Court ordered them to allow gunownership, and all they did was make you jump thru so many hoops no one could either afford or find the time to do so.

Around here people are pushing to treat gang members as terrorists, we figure if there are 3-4 thugs, attacking innocent people, they are in essence a terrorist group, and could- should- beprosecuted under the Homeland Security Act- doesn;t require all that evidence and judges have to act more- appropriately.

Finally libs know exactly what they're doing. There are just too, too many examples of places that have outlawed guns, and that resulted in huge increases in violent crimes. It is simply unbelievable to think libs don't realize that. Now the question is- since they MUST know the consequences, why do they still insist on it?
    The primary reason for always electing conservatives is the judges they appoint. If a lib appoints one you can bet he does not 'defend and support the Constitution of the United States' as he takes the oath to do.
  8. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Its a damn shame we have to live in fear of the street thugs and imported terrorist in this the greatest county on earth.

Fortunately, as Carver, my neighborhood is rural and mostly crime free...There are denizens in some areas of town that could nut-up and start something, but the police and sheriff have let it be known that it aient gonna happen...

Just because I happen to reside in a quiet location doesnt mean Im not prepared for the worst..I think you got the right ideas to make preperations in advance and not wring your hands after something happens to you or your family...

My "go-to" guns are a Springfield XD .45ACP with tac light, Mossburg 930 12 ga, 00 buck, tac light and a SW AR when things get really bad....

I thought at one time, adding a night vision scope on the Mossburg would be simply ideal for a home and property protection piece, short of landmines and booby traps.....;)

[​IMG]

Sometimes even the best ideas dont turn out so well...The scope is an ATN 360 Paladin..1st gen...Works well enough out to about 100 yards, but mounted on my shotgun..NO WAY...It is far too heavy and makes the shotgun unwieldy....I quickly took it off and went with the light...I dont think you need the strobe, just another thing to think about...but to each his own..
  9. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

10. Wolf 5.7

Wolf 5.7 New Member

We are getting some meth heads, and white kid wanna be gangers in my area. And a few shadey hispanics (not the guys that are at home depot trying to make a better life for their family, but the ones that are hanging out till 3 AM in groups). Most of them I think I could drop barehanded. No I'm not the next Chuck Norris, but they are so scrawny and pathetic that they are not worthy of a bullet.

With that being said, if multiple assailants tried to enter my home, and threatened to harm me in my bedroom (Stupid NC does not have the castle law). I would use my FNP-45 or 5.7. If it really got ugly, I have my trusty SKS.
  11. Inthewind1976

Inthewind1976 Member

1. Liberals done CARE if gun control increases crime, because it makes law abiding people victims, and victims want "more government" in order to protect them. More government is the cornerstone of liberal politics.

2. The use of the US military against US citizens, EVEN IF THEY ARE A CRIMINAL STREET GANG is completely and totally inappropriate. PERIOD. "Just let Patton and the armored cav wipe the gang bangers all out" is a great sentiment, but its WRONG; just plain wrong. The US military should never, EVER, be employed to address any domestic situation, period. The concept of utilizing the military, even if you wanna label gangs as "terrorists" is a dangerous precedent. IMHO even the governor(s) utilizing the state national guard in this capacity is out of the question. I know saying this isnt gonna be popular, but its still TRUE.

There are three big problems, nation wide, and in Chicago in particular, that have lead to this situation; first of all, the disarmament of the citizens; secondly, the number of crooked LEO's that line their pockets by tipping off drug trafficers; and lastly, chief(s) of police, mayors, and governors who are nothing but liberal political bosses, who dont CARE if the problems are actually solved, as long as they keep their offices, power, and control of the citizens.
  12. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I like the idea of the night scope, wish I could afford one! Anything enters my yard, and the dogs tell me about it! When I go to the door:

Attached Files:

• 032.JPG
      032.JPG
      File size:
      50.9 KB
      Views:
  13. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

I moved away from Philadelphia about 5 years ago specifically for this reason. To much crime and I refused to let my kids go to school in that terrible school district.

Even still, my .357 is always loaded and ready to go!
  14. rustyfugger

rustyfugger Member

I have a CCL so I always have a gun on my side, even @ home. There is a 6-1/2" fixed blade hunting knife in a sheath (unsnapped) wedged between my seat & center console. I can jerk it out in a second. Yes I practice. I also practice shooting, & drawing the weapon. When you are in an unfamilure area, you have to keep your guard up.
  15. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I hate to trot out the old conspiracy stuff, but wouldn't Chicago be the perfect place to get people used to seeing troops in the streets in the false believe that they are there to "protect" them? I'm just sayin'....