Gang defense and tactics

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by wpage, Apr 27, 2010.

1. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

I've mentioned this before, but now 'rustyf..' reminded me of it. Even a good, strong tact. flashlight can be really helpful. Guy on another forum said his wife had noticed a homeless type guy eyeing his wife when he picked her up at work- a strpi-mall, at 11 at night. One night the homeless dude decided to get gutsy, apparently, and as the wife walked across the parking lot he started walking towards her, but the husband shined a good 200+ lumen light right in his eyes- the BG turned around and walked away really fast. Gotta figure he thought it might be a cop, but whatever the reason, it kept hubby from having to pull his pistol; so I keep that in mind, and my wife and daughter- and I- both have good strong f'lights on them at all times. They are also armed, but...
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

InTheWind, first of all I hope you didn't think I was saying we should use troops re: charging gangs with terrorist laws, I certainly agree troops should not be used in domestic situations. I just meant prosecutors should use the Homeland Security LAWS to prosecute gangs - domestically.
    I completely agree with your take on liberal politicians, I'm afraid it's the primary concern of 95% of the Federal Congress-members as well.
    Finally, I guess you've heard by now NC just expanded their Castle Doctrine law, it's much more lenient on the use of guns in self-defense. Good news for youse guys.
  3. whirley

whirley Member

Finally libs know exactly what they're doing. There are just too, too many examples of places that have outlawed guns, and that resulted in huge increases in violent crimes. It is simply unbelievable to think libs don't realize that. Now the question is- since they MUST know the consequences, why do they still insist on it?

You realize of course, with an unarmed population, crime goes up, therefore more police MUST be hired to "protect the people" The police will investigate crimes, but are too busy so we need more police to keep the criminals in check. That's how the Brown Shirts and Gestapo began. Unarmed people are just sheep to be shorn! What's that line from Casablanca,....Arrest the usual suspects!
  4. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson
    The same guy said
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    So many other quotes from the Founders, another big one for me is the people who stand by and say nothing when things go wrong, are just as guilty as the wrongdoers...that's a paraphrase, I know, but it's time we started standing up and letting our voices be heard. Not only on guns, but the intrusion of the govt on our freedoms.
  5. warriflefan

warriflefan Member

I would take the insulation out of the walls and replace it with sandbags, at least half way up.
  6. Inthewind1976

Inthewind1976 Member

Jeff; I didnt exactly "take you" to mean you advocate the use of the military domestically, but dont be surprised if ITS COMING, one of these days to a theater (of operation) near you; and the "sheep" will be lining up to support it. City streets, airports, bank lobbies, and the "produce market" will look like TelAviv some day, not too far into the future, IF WE ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN. And continuing to put the types of people in DC like many; Hell, MOST; of the ones there now, will help insure that it will happen. I know I am preaching to the choir, lol, but hey, it seems as if the choir is the only one listening to us! ;)
  7. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

What bothers me is what will come that will RESULT in the military in our streets- the massive riots due to the economy, because the country is out of money and we will have to stop all the transfer payments- at least reduce them. The 48% of America that gets some form of govt check will rise up- and as I've mentioned before some 'experts' say it may come sooner than we think.
    And I agree totally- only the choir will listen lol
  8. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

There was a nut job,went on a shooting rampage in southeast AL in recent years. All the enforcement agencies in nearby towns got involved as did the military from a nearby installation. All the people were glad to have the military's help, but it was established that this is taboo. The powers that be said the military should not have gotten involved.
  9. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    This thread makes my blood boil. The government wants to disarm me to basically let thugs walk the streets unchallenged? Hell no is all I say to that. I maybe not be 21, but I earned my right to carry a handgun and defend myself and my family by serving in the military. Does anyone agree with me? Makes me so mad.
  10. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

The NRA is working on a law that makes it possible for veterans under 21 to carry. I support the NRA, and I think everybody who cares about gunownership should, too. They are fighting the UN move to register guns, they're supporting the investigation of Fast and Furious ( and the idea it was done to show Americans should not have firearms) and many other legal issues. I don't work there, have no other connection except being a member.
  11. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    ^ that would be great. Though I'm not considered a veteran as I didn't serve 2 years. But whatever. I tried and that should count for something. I did go through basic.
  12. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

really what they should do is make it illegal to be involved or in a street gang , also they should develop a street gang task force that would just go from state to sate an round up these low lifes an lock em up or deport all the gang member caught to a random deserted island sumwhere , "kinda like what they did to godzilla (lmao)" an leave them there to rot , also i dont exactly have a plan i keep a few things within reach of there was to be a break in at my home , my 1911 10 round extended mag loaded up with extreme shock copper tactical rounds , also 2 more 10 rounders loaded up , my 500 mag with 5 350 grain hollow points an just incase i have to fire at a vehicle ive got a few 700grain grenade rounds for the 500 also , i just try to observe my seroundings as much as possible an pray nothing ever comes my way ,:patriotic:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  13. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

We are spending billions of taxpayers dollars and wasting thousands of young peoples lives to fight terrorism in foreign countries while little or nothing is being done right here at home. Anyone who doesn't think gangs are terrorists needs to get their heads out of their behinds. Gangs now occupy suburbs and small towns because it's safer for them too. There ought to be a bounty on "gangstas"!

If a career criminal commits a crime while out on parole, work release, early release or even while out on bond, the judge who released him and the lawyer or public defender who represented him or her should be required to serve the same sentence as the scumbag. I'll bet that would cure repeat offenders. Lack of accountability takes guilt out of the equation.
  14. prof_fate

prof_fate Former Guest

As long as the 'good' residents of the bad areas don't speak up and turn in the bad ones there won't be any improvements in things.
    We had a shooting not long ago in a bad neighborhood - a teen type thug walked into a house party (sweet 16 party) to shoot someone, which he did. But in this case folks spoke up and said "X did it" and X got caught within 12 hours. Problem solved.
    In most shootings there may be 10 witnesses but it's all 'we didn't see nuthin'. In that case they get what they deserve - a dangerous area to live in.

15. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

We certainly have excellent trainers of our own, but should the classes be filled, the police in Rio are experienced, IMO, in dealing with certain types.